TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mh8

Jul 16, 2021
I got an invite to do a behavioural test for Latham & Watkins one day after sending in my application. Does every applicant get this invitation or is it because I got to the next stage?

green124

Standard Member
Feb 24, 2022
Hey, I graduated in 2021 and this vacation scheme cycle really hasn't gone well for me as it is looking like I will come out with no offers. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on to do next, I have found the past month to be a massive struggle mentally and have been trying to apply for paralegal roles and not having much success now too. Is it useful to get more legal experience now? In applying for the next cycle, am I too old now that I would be over a year after I've graduated? I didn't know if this is the right place to ask this but have been stressing for a while and don't really know who else to ask. I am feeling pretty stuck at the moment (this was my first cycle too)

opuinwn08777

Mar 28, 2022
I applied for Mishcon quite close to the deadline in January, got the holding email (saying they'd let us know either way by the 11th of March), then last Monday (7th) got an invitation to a video interview. I was absolutely convinced it was going to be a PFO at that point so don't worry if they're taking their time! Submitted the VI at the weekend and now we go back to waiting again :)
congrats!! How were the questions/the amount and could you re-do at least once?

Law1099

Valued Member
Jan 18, 2021
Has anyone got any vac scheme advice for vacation schemes that do not include a final interview at the end? How do we get our skills across more thoroughly in the scheme?
Many thanks in advance!

kat_

Valued Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2020
has anyone here applied to freeths? I am a bit confused about the application form, seems like there are no 'application' questions just education and work experience.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, does anyone know the etiquette on declining a VS offer (not signed the contract yet) and pulling out of the interview process (following a successful 1st interview)? Not sure if I should ring / email the firm and how to phrase it?
I'd ring the firm you have been offered and explain you will be declining the offer. You can email the firm you are still interviewing with and just explain you are withdrawing from the recruitment process (unless you have an interview scheduled in the next 3 days, then I would call just to make sure they get the email in time).

I wouldn't over think it in terms of what to write/say. You just need to apologise and explain you won't be accepting the offer/you will be withdrawing and briefing explain the reason why (e.g. because I have accepted a training contract elsewhere/because I have decided to pursue an alternative career etc).

Reactions: AvniD
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.