TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Wanted to give a shoutout to @James Carrabino and @AvniD for doing a really great webinar. \Really great advice and really inspiring to hear about the direct TC route I never thought the direct TC route was as easy as you made it as most people go down the VS route.

Also well done on doing the webinar as it must have been hard for both of you and being nervous doing a webinar and you lot did a good job please can you both do another webinar together but maybe on assessment centres as your advice was so helpful and so inspiring.

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Wanted to give a shoutout to @James Carrabino and @AvniD for doing a really great webinar. \Really great advice and really inspiring to hear about the direct TC route I never thought the direct TC route was as easy as you made it as most people go down the VS route.

Also well done on doing the webinar as it must have been hard for both of you and being nervous doing a webinar and you lot did a good job please can you both do another webinar together but maybe on assessment centres as your advice was so helpful and so inspiring.
    Thank you for you kind words, Asil! So glad that you found the webinar useful. @James Carrabino and I loved the experience of our first webinar and hopefully we'll able to put more of them together for you all once we're done with our exams!

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Thank you for you kind words, Asil! So glad that you found the webinar useful. @James Carrabino and I loved the experience of our first webinar and hopefully we'll able to put more of them together for you all once we're done with our exams!
    You are most welcome and I look forward to it and good luck on the exams both of you.

Han.louise

Distinguished Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    May 28, 2020
    Does anyone have any advice on what to do if you have been given a vac scheme but the dates conflict with another? Should i ask to be considered for a direct TC as I can only do one week of the vac scheme.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone have any advice on what to do if you have been given a vac scheme but the dates conflict with another? Should i ask to be considered for a direct TC as I can only do one week of the vac scheme.
    Call the second preference firm and ask whether:

1) There are alternative scheme dates
    2) You can only attend part of the scheme
    or
    3) Whether you can be considered for a direct TC process instead.

If it is no to all of the above, then consider doing the same with your preferred firm.

Salin

Sep 10, 2021
    Hey guys, this is my first ever time posting. I heard back from Trowers today receiving my first vacation scheme!!! I’m over the moon and it’s all thanks to this forum. It’s gotten me through such hard times and so I’m so thankful for this community created. My next goal is to convert this into a training contract, so I’ll give it my best shot!!

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021

@Asil Ahmad fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the webinar so much. It sounds like @AvniD and @James Carrabino smashed it!

As someone who didn't make it this time, I would be really interested to hear your main takeaways? Was there anything that you thought particularly stood out about the webinar in comparison to others that you have attended too?

• Love
    Reactions: James Carrabino

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hey @Han.louise,

Just to add to what @Jessica Booker has already said - I was in this position too and from experience you really do not lose anything from asking. Always ask these sorts of questions (i.e., is it possible to be moved to another VS etc.) because then you can make the most informed choice possible about your future. Firms will not be upset or hold it against if they find out that you are interested in other firms. This happens all the time.

Let us know what you end up doing though. Fingers crossed you are able to do both 🙌

Reactions: Han.louise

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hey guys, this is my first ever time posting. I heard back from Trowers today receiving my first vacation scheme!!! I’m over the moon and it’s all thanks to this forum. It’s gotten me through such hard times and so I’m so thankful for this community created. My next goal is to convert this into a training contract, so I’ll give it my best shot!!
    Congratulations @Salin!

Do let me, @James Carrabino, @AvniD or @Jessica Booker know if you would like any help prior to or during your scheme!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.