TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For open days are all offer holders usually invited or is it only those who have accepted?
Depends on the nature of the event. Sometimes they are given as individual events (for only one person) to help them decide whether the firm is for them. Are you worried you are missing something?

Zubin

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 17, 2020
    Call (this isn’t something to rely on email for) firms B and C and see if they can offer a direct TC recruitment process or if they could whether they would still advise you to do the vacation scheme.

If they can’t offer one or advise to do the vac scheme instead to give you the best chance of securing a TC, the decision is made for you really.

You can accept firm A and then renege if needed.
    Thanks for your advice, Jessica.

I'm emailing now to set up a call with firms B and C this week. Do you think I should mention in my email that I received a TC offer from another firm?

Reactions: George Maxwell

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thanks for your advice, Jessica.

I'm emailing now to set up a call with firms B and C this week. Do you think I should mention in my email that I received a TC offer from another firm?
    Yes, you don’t have to name the firm though. You can just say you have recently received a TC offer from another firm and you are keen to understand whether theRe is any possibility that the firm can offer a direct TC recruitment process, and if so what the process might entail.

TCApp2021

Legendary Member
    Dec 21, 2021
    Depends on the nature of the event. Sometimes they are given as individual events (for only one person) to help them decide whether the firm is for them. Are you worried you are missing something?
    Thanks.

I have a direct TC offer but haven’t received any paperwork from them yet/so don’t know how long I have to accept/decline. I’ve been invited to an “offer holders” open day in the next few weeks.

Just wasn’t sure whether I had to accept an offer before attending - in the case that they ended up sending the paperwork over before the open day.

Am waiting to hear back from a VS AC at another firm so was planning to accept the direct TC after attending the VS (if the contract allows it)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thanks.

I have a direct TC offer but haven’t received any paperwork from them yet/so don’t know how long I have to accept/decline. I’ve been invited to an “offer holders” open day in the next few weeks.

Just wasn’t sure whether I had to accept an offer before attending - in the case that they ended up sending the paperwork over before the open day.

Am waiting to hear back from a VS AC at another firm so was planning to accept the direct TC after attending the VS (if the contract allows it)
    Offer holder suggests you don’t have to have accepted it but it’s not an issue if you have as well.

Reactions: TCApp2021

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just realised that its actually titled “TC open day” and doesn’t actually mention offer holder. But I guess the same applies?
    You are over thinking this! It would say if you had to accept or not. It’s just an event to celebrate your offer and meet other offerees. Really don’t worry about this!

law23

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    I know this is probably quite an annoying question considering people haven't finished this application cycle, but when do applications tend to open for vacation schemes? My uni starts quite late in September so I'm hoping I can do some applications before uni starts. Thanks in advance!

rightletsdothis

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 30, 2022
    Well after sending off somewhere in the realm of 200+ applications over 4 years, and slowly but surely getting the hang of completing online applications/assessment centres & interviews, I finally have my dream TC at Clyde & Co. I appreciate this TCLA community more than you know and I am genuinely thankful and grateful for all of the support I received from this community which got me over the edge! I wish everyone else on here the best of luck with their future challenges and objectives, and hope I can provide my own tips going forward on this forum! :)

RkRk0681

Star Member
  • Mar 16, 2021
    I feel ridiculous for asking as I know people have already had ACs but is anyone still waiting to hear back BCLP post test? I applied way back in October, and I called them around a month ago - apparently they're still reviewing apps. Obviously I'm not holding my breath lol

Reactions: TCApp2021

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I know this is probably quite an annoying question considering people haven't finished this application cycle, but when do applications tend to open for vacation schemes? My uni starts quite late in September so I'm hoping I can do some applications before uni starts. Thanks in advance!
    Anytime between early July and November usually. Some of the winter schemes in particular may open early and close by November to ensure the recruitment process can conclude before they start.

• 🤝
    Reactions: George Maxwell and law23
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.