TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayemuse

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    I just did something really stupid. I overslept the post-AC-rejection feedback call for a law firm I really like. Owned up to it and apologised, but I’m just scared they will make a note of this now. But overall mainly disappointed in myself and embarrassed I wasted their time :(

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I just did something really stupid. I overslept the post-AC-rejection feedback call for a law firm I really like. Owned up to it and apologised, but I’m just scared they will make a note of this now. But overall mainly disappointed in myself and embarrassed I wasted their time :(
    Calls get missed all the time. I wouldn’t worry about this. Things like this don’t get recorded. Even if they did you could check their data retention policy as to how long such data would be stored for - for many firms that is only 12 months anyway.

But I really don’t see it being recorded though. There is no point in recording such detail (would be extensive if they did!!).

Reactions: James Carrabino and AvniD

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone happen to have a draft email to send to a firm if you can no longer do their scheme? TIA!
    I'd personally call them if you can.

But if you want to rely on email (and even if you did speak to them, you'd need to follow up with something in writing), it just needs to simply state you are withdrawing your acceptance for the programme and will therefore no longer be joining the firm on X date. Its usually polite to add something like wishing the firm all the best for the upcoming programme.

Reactions: TCApp2021 and LEL
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.