TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlRJ

Esteemed Member
Jun 23, 2019
Does anyone know the Taylor Wessing questions?
Hey, I just checked and they are:

1. Please tell us about your personal interests, positions of responsibility, scholarships, awards or prizes that will enhance your application to Taylor Wessing. (250 words max) *

2. Please outline your most significant achievement to date and how this was achieved? The example you choose can be from within or outside your academic career. (250 words max)

3. We strive for excellence for our clients and people. What will drive you to deliver excellent client service? (250 words max)

4. Working with innovative and fast passed clients means our lawyers must display more than just legal expertise. What other key attributes would you bring to the firm and why are these important? (250 words max)

5. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. Why is inclusion important to the success of Taylor Wessing? (250 words max) *

• ℹ️
Reactions: GXA123, Veep9 and OB

WillF

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
How/when do you find out if you passed HSF's SJT (if you do)? I've received my individual report, but nothing about any outcome/whether my application is being progressed.

ScrappyDoo

Esteemed Member
May 15, 2021
How/when do you find out if you passed HSF's SJT (if you do)? I've received my individual report, but nothing about any outcome/whether my application is being progressed.
You should get an email couple hours after. But the report will give you a slight indication if you have passed. Would say stuff like “reasonably high” “very high”

Reactions: WillF

SR99

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 5, 2021
    I got an email saying "I can confirm you have reached the benchmark on our online test and your application is now under review"

Reactions: WillF

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    @Jessica Booker Hi Jess, I am doing a vac scheme app for Covington & Burling. There is a big case/client they represented at the supreme court in 2010. Do you think if I can discuss well why this is interesting, and linking to some of my own legal experience/demonstrating the sort of work they typically get instructed on, that will be fine? I realise it is quite dated.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker Hi Jess, I am doing a vac scheme app for Covington & Burling. There is a big case/client they represented at the supreme court in 2010. Do you think if I can discuss well why this is interesting, and linking to some of my own legal experience/demonstrating the sort of work they typically get instructed on, that will be fine? I realise it is quite dated.
    I’d personally try to find something more modern. 2010 is a very long time ago and a lot has generally changed since then.

dangelataher

Oct 5, 2021
    It's been 10 years since I did my GCSEs and 8 years since I did my A levels. I currently have an LLB and LLM.

Will law firms actually look at my GCSEs/A levels and verify the accuracy of the grades listed on my application? I honestly cannot remember some of my grades.

I’m also a bit worried as my A levels are awful but I still managed to get into a top uni and do well.

Reactions: SLKEJRWOI97

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    It's been 10 years since I did my GCSEs and 8 years since I did my A levels. I currently have an LLB and LLM.

Will law firms actually look at my GCSEs/A levels and verify the accuracy of the grades listed on my application? I honestly cannot remember some of my grades.

I’m also a bit worried as my A levels are awful but I still managed to get into a top uni and do well.
    I think they verify A-Levels, especially if they have a minimum grade requirement. Not sure about GCSEs though!

Reactions: OB

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020

Hey - it's been 14 years since I sat mine but I had to send copies of my official A Level transcript to one firm (after accepting a TC). So very much important that they are accurate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.