TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow-demon

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Is giving an example of something that I did 5 years ago (it was in Year 10 or 11 I think) alright?
It seems rather old
The more recent, the better.

What about your sixth form and university? Those would be better options. I personally wouldn't go that far back unless you were REALLY struggling to find relevant examples.

ellwilsen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2020
Yeah that’s very true. Does anyone know how each part of the process is weighted? I can’t imagine the app form is much as it was just grades so mostly CAPP and Watson Glaser?
I definitely think this is the case. From what I can gather, they seem to place a LOT of emphasis on your performance in the CAPP assessment - having seen people rank in the 98th percentile on the WG and still be rejected. Typical, they focus on the one aspect you can’t prepare/revise for😆

Reactions: psr23

JM1998

Esteemed Member
Mar 26, 2021
I definitely think this is the case. From what I can gather, they seem to place a LOT of emphasis on your performance in the CAPP assessment - having seen people rank in the 98th percentile on the WG and still be rejected. Typical, they focus on the one aspect you can’t prepare/revise for😆
Ah ok. I got critical thinking and respect as my two highest scoring and work management as my lowest, then ranked in the 97th percentile in the WG. I’m not really sure how that’ll end up, guess we’ll have to wait and see.

psr23

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2020
Ah ok. I got critical thinking and respect as my two highest scoring and work management as my lowest, then ranked in the 97th percentile in the WG. I’m not really sure how that’ll end up, guess we’ll have to wait and see.
I got resilience and respect as my highest, and work management as my lowest (which I think is a key attribute that they will want us to score highly in?)

Reactions: ellwilsen

JM1998

Esteemed Member
Mar 26, 2021
I got resilience and respect as my highest, and work management as my lowest (which I think is a key attribute that they will want us to score highly in?)
I thought that too, but I’ve had a look at the agile framework and all of them seem like they’d be important. I suppose it probably depends on the actual scores we get rather than just highest/lowest. I’m not sure how they’re scored but I suppose you could have a lowest score of 7/10 and the rest all 8/9, and somebody else might have something as their highest score but could only be 5/10, if that makes sense?

Miki3999

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019

I'm in the 22 percentile (lol, because I was not feeling too well during the test) but I think I did well in the CAPP, maybe there is still hope

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    When answering whether you worked throughout university in the contextual information part of applications, is it acceptable to say 'i worked or do work fewer than 16 hrs a week', if I only worked for a couple of terms? (this is in response to the question 'Do you regularly undertake paid work during university term time?')
    If I remember correctly, I think it says it’s needs to be for two terms or more for it to count.

Casual

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Nov 6, 2019
    Hi everyone,

I am trying to take advantage of the rolling basis for the vacation scheme applications and was wondering - is it okay to apply for both Open Day and Vacation scheme at the same time (as opposed to trying to attend Open Day first)?

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    Super interesting to see all these attributes!
    I also got resilience, and also excellence as my highest. Then I got freaking motivation for my lowest 😂😂 which I think is probably quite important lol we’ll just have to wait and see! Good luck :)

Reactions: psr23
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.