TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
Still haven’t been asked to do the Clyde and Co VI, applied 19th October, when should I start thinking about emailing grad rec ?? The VI is automatic isn’t it??

ScrappyDoo

Esteemed Member
May 15, 2021
Proud to finally say I have accepted a training contract offer with Slaughter & May. It has definitely been a rollercoaster of a journey, I cannot thank TCLA enough especially @Jaysen and @Jessica Booker on their valuable tips and advice along the way!! ☺️☺️

Wish everyone the best of luck this cycle. Rooting for each and one of you!!!

If anyone needs help and support on AC preparation or general tips and tricks, my inbox is always open.

TK123

Jun 30, 2021
Hi all,

I have an AC for A&O tomorrow and was wondering whether anyone who has done it this year or before knows whether the firm expects the case study presentation to be delivered as a Powerpoint or just verbally. I can't seem to find any information on the website but it seems like a very short amount of time to be able to draft a powerpoint. Thanks!

• 🏆
Reactions: GK8997, OB and SLKEJRWOI97

N.9

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    Hi all,

I have an AC for A&O tomorrow and was wondering whether anyone who has done it this year or before knows whether the firm expects the case study presentation to be delivered as a Powerpoint or just verbally. I can't seem to find any information on the website but it seems like a very short amount of time to be able to draft a powerpoint. Thanks!
    Hi there. No PowerPoint, it will be a verbal presentation. There will be no time to do a ppt. I recommend you stay calm as they give you loads of info, so try not to be overwhelmed/panicked.

Reactions: AvniD and TK123

anxiouslawyer

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 26, 2021
    Proud to finally say I have accepted a training contract offer with Slaughter & May. It has definitely been a rollercoaster of a journey, I cannot thank TCLA enough especially @Jaysen and @Jessica Booker on their valuable tips and advice along the way!! ☺️☺️

Wish everyone the best of luck this cycle. Rooting for each and one of you!!!

If anyone needs help and support on AC preparation or general tips and tricks, my inbox is always open.
    Amazing, huge congrats on your offer!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: ScrappyDoo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.