TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hey all,

This is one of CMS's application questions: 'Focusing on one of CMS’s sectors, what opportunities have arisen in the ‘new ways of working’ and current business climate?'

Is there a dedicated list of the firm's sectors? I can't seem to find a concrete list.

I found this - https://cms.law/en/cze/cms-job-opportunities/working-for-cms/experienced-lawyers/sector-groups - but it is for the Czech Republic office.

I've also found this - 'The firm is recognised for its sector excellence and focus in consumer products; energy; financial institutions; hotels & leisure; infrastructure & projects; life sciences & healthcare; real estate; and technology, media & telecommunications.' - but this from Chamber Student Guide, and I'm looking for something directly from their website.
I think if you go to their website you will find sector focuses listed together with their practice areas under 'expertise'.

Reactions: Dwight

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hey it’s a CV (one page) and a cover letter (also one page) and then you complete an interview with a partner, also a written exercise. Let me know if you need further assistance, as I recently secured an offer with them. Happy to help :)
    Thank you so much! and congrats <3 is it for the current cycle or previous ?

N.9

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    Hey it’s a CV (one page) and a cover letter (also one page) and then you complete an interview with a partner, also a written exercise. Let me know if you need further assistance, as I recently secured an offer with them. Happy to help :)
    Hi there. Sorry to ‘interrupt’ haha, but can you help me with CV cutting? I’m finding it incredibly difficult to cut down my already as-concise-as-possible 2 page CV down to 1.

What do you recommend keeping as essential and what do you think can be cut? I’m weary of losing extra curricular s in case they think I have no hobbies etc, but don’t think I can cut work experiences out!!

JM1998

Esteemed Member
    Mar 26, 2021
    Did anyone get confirmation of completing the Watson Glaser for NRF? I’ve just completed it and it said close the page, but haven’t got an email to confirm and the link still takes me to the registration page?

ScrappyDoo

Esteemed Member
    May 15, 2021
    Hi there. Sorry to ‘interrupt’ haha, but can you help me with CV cutting? I’m finding it incredibly difficult to cut down my already as-concise-as-possible 2 page CV down to 1.

What do you recommend keeping as essential and what do you think can be cut? I’m weary of losing extra curricular s in case they think I have no hobbies etc, but don’t think I can cut work experiences out!!
    Yeah sure! I’ll PM you

Reactions: N.9

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Wish I'd seen this sooner, I *just* submitted and my CV is about a page and a half. Ah well, fingers crossed. What was the interview like?

Shaz

Distinguished Member
    Sep 29, 2019
    Wish I'd seen this sooner, I *just* submitted and my CV is about a page and a half. Ah well, fingers crossed. What was the interview like?
    I thought so too. I've already received a PFO from S&M but their page seems to suggest a 2 page CV is fine:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.