TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Not to sound like a broken record but if we haven't heard from NRF is it best to assume PFO?
    I dont think so - I'm a big believer in a PFO is only ever a PFO when they say so - I would sit tight (easier said than done) and wait bc they do send them out in batches. As someone who's done a few cycles I also think it's worth adding that sometimes getting caught up in whether its a PFO or not can be really undermining for your own mental health. Ultimately there's nothing you can do now because you've submitted. Instead maybe focus on the next app or come off the platform. I'm not trying to be patronising but as someone who has spent a lot of time in the past trying to read the minds of GR I've realised there really is no point because you will never really know what's going on behind the scenes. Have faith that you're an amazing applicant and the right opportunity will find its way to you, you just need to keep applying

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    I dont think so - I'm a big believer in a PFO is only ever a PFO when they say so - I would sit tight (easier said than done) and wait bc they do send them out in batches. As someone who's done a few cycles I also think it's worth adding that sometimes getting caught up in whether its a PFO or not can be really undermining for your own mental health. Ultimately there's nothing you can do now because you've submitted. Instead maybe focus on the next app or come off the platform. I'm not trying to be patronising but as someone who has spent a lot of time in the past trying to read the minds of GR I've realised there really is no point because you will never really know what's going on behind the scenes. Have faith that you're an amazing applicant and the right opportunity will find its way to you, you just need to keep applying
    Not patronising at all- I appreciate the kind words and I'll keep that all in mind!

Reactions: OB and LS12

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
    May 5, 2020
    In the middle of a massive wobble - needed to hear that ❤️

• 🤝
    Reactions: hhh, Hele25, djqb and 8 others

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    In the middle of a massive wobble - needed to hear that ❤️
    my private messages are always open to everyone - the best part of this process and this platform is finding people going through the same thing and having a tribe to celebrate your wins and provide a listening ear during your losses.

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    For those of you who are in the same position as me and are holding back on applying to a SQE training course/PGDL/LPC until you can secure a training contract, what do you put in the GDL section of application forms?

I've been leaving them blank as I haven't applied to any programs yet (and most applications don't seem to have been updated to reflect the SQE). However, now I'm wondering if I should have been filling them in with expected dates I would apply should I be successful with the firm.

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021
    For those of you who are in the same position as me and are holding back on applying to a SQE training course/PGDL/LPC until you can secure a training contract, what do you put in the GDL section of application forms?

I've been leaving them blank as I haven't applied to any programs yet (and most applications don't seem to have been updated to reflect the SQE). However, now I'm wondering if I should have been filling them in with expected dates I would apply should I be successful with the firm.
    I am in the same position and have left them blank. I am under the impression to only fill them in if you have secured places to study the LPC/GDL/PDGL. I have passed a few application rounds when leaving them blank, so I think it is fine.

Reactions: PirateShip

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021

Leave them blank. If you haven't even applied for a course there is nothing for you to put there. Firms are aware of how long it takes to do these courses and would sponsor/put you on their cohort when you accept an offer.

Bonolaw

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 28, 2021
    Ah sorry i meant Spring and Summer***
    Finalists and graduates in any subject
    Spring scheme runs:
    12 - 20 April 2021

Penultimate-year law students
    Summer scheme runs:
    7 - 18 June 2021 and 28 June - 9 July 2021

Taking this from their website it looks like spring and summer are open to different sets of applicants which should answer your question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.