TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesfp

Nov 7, 2021
I haven't even heard if I've got a VI yet! Feeling like they've rejected me? I can't imagine they're still sending out VIs?
I’m not sure if they are still sending VI for the WVS, considering that the last ACs are apparently happening next week. But if you haven’t been rejected, there are still hopes for the WVS and the spring and summer too. Really hope you hear from them soon :)

• 🤝
Reactions: tc.la.vs

LongSufferingLawGrad

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 7, 2021
    How was your AC at W&C? Still waiting to hear from them after VI…
    It was actually fairly relaxed and straightforward! Approx 35 mins long and very conversational. The interviewers really put me at ease, and I had the opportunity to ask questions at the end. The written exercise was 75 mins and a little daunting, but not too bad once I'd absorbed the info.

Took a while for me to hear back after VI, so don't lose hope! You've got this!

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Just finished the Clyde VI and I think I royally messed it up

Also, what does PFO stand for?
    Video interviews are a strange species. Of the VIs I did, the only ones I passed were the ones I was confident I would not pass... you would also find it amusing if I spent the time finding all the similar posts on this forum about messing up a VI followed by an AC invite just days later! Anyway, it may be a positive or negative result, but either way I am sure you did better than you think (everyone finds VIs tough) and it is best to put it out of your head for now :)

PFO stands for Please F*** Off - TCLA speak for a rejection (especially a post-application form rejection) 🤣

Reactions: Kareena

I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs

Esteemed Member
    Jan 6, 2021
    Hi everyone! I was wondering, when it comes to application forms with shorter word counts in the work experience section (75-100), should I still bother flagging the skills that I developed (“doing x developed my interpersonal skills”) or should I just briefly describe my role and leave GR to infer the rest?

Thank you in advance。

Nicole15

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 22, 2018
    Not sure if I'm the only one feeling this way atm but it is quite stressful waiting to hear back from firms when you're working full-time (not knowing whether to take time off for interviews etc..). I guess for some firms it is still quite 'early' and patience is a virtue as they say.. *sigh*.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.