TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS31

Distinguished Member
Jan 23, 2021
Cleary Winter VS AC - does anyone have any advice on how I should prep?

Was also wondering if anyone knows how long W&C takes to respond post VI? I did my VI last friday (5th November) but haven't heard anything since. Seems like the last of the ACs are next week (and some people have already done theirs) - so I don't know if I should think it is a rejection!

ellwilsen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2020
Would you advise include being a quarter finalist in the commercial awareness comp on a CV/application?
I was a finalist in a commercial awareness comp last year and I have usually included it on applications (and where I have included it, all interviewers have brought it up/asked about it/commented on it), so yes I would😁

• 🏆
Reactions: thirdtimelucky

qwertay

Oct 30, 2020
I saw an earlier post about applying to both winter and spring and actually got through for the spring scheme so thought I would ask again.
I think we can still apply for direct TC though!
Would love to know the answer to this question with regards to vacation schemes if anyone knows!! I know we can reapply for direct TC, but the FAQs say nothing about applying for another vac scheme :/

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
Dec 7, 2020
@Jessica Booker

On the Baker McKenzie form, candidates are asked to discuss "something - anything - that excites and inspires you" - would it be valid to answer this in a similar way to a "What motivates you" kind of question, and talk about how it excites me to go above and beyond what is expected of me in team activities (with an example of when I balanced multiple activities, and had enough time left over to help fellow authors of a research project on their own work)?

Moreover, is it necessary/preferable in a work experience section to explicitly discuss the skills we have gained from said experience?

Cheers!

User274302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
@Jessica Booker

On the Baker McKenzie form, candidates are asked to discuss "something - anything - that excites and inspires you" - would it be valid to answer this in a similar way to a "What motivates you" kind of question, and talk about how it excites me to go above and beyond what is expected of me in team activities (with an example of when I balanced multiple activities, and had enough time left over to help fellow authors of a research project on their own work)?

Moreover, is it necessary/preferable in a work experience section to explicitly discuss the skills we have gained from said experience?

Cheers!
I actually asked Baker's Grad Rec about that first question at their Open Day, and they said they get asked this a lot. They basically said they have no preference whatsoever about what people include, but to ensure it is engaging (ultimately, making them want to get to know more about you and invite you to interview). They said people have included all sorts of random things here in the past, just make sure to link bank to how it excites/inspires you. I personally think your example is a good one, but of course Jessica will know better!

Reactions: pfoapplicant

psr23

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2020
Does anyone know how to access EY's feedback for any of the stages so far? They say to log in to your account, but when I do, there doesn't seem to be anything there.
I can’t access mine either. At the last stage they emailed my feedback after a couple of days, so I’m wondering if they will do the same this time

WillF

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
Just met the benchmark for the HSF test, I really hope they invite me to the AC. Anyone know how long HSF take to review spring apps post online tests?
I applied ages ago, cannot even remember when (met the benchmark, nothing heard yet)
Hi guys, at HSF's Innovation Open Day today they said applications were non-rolling (so will not hear until after the deadline)!

• Wow
Reactions: GOI983 and GXA123
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.