TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
I completed my BCLP test over a week ago and have my feedback, but I’ve just been sent a reminder to complete it. Has this happened to anyone else?
It’s an error on the Vantage system. Pay no attention to it. I also received an extra WG from Hogan Lovells even though I completed it over 2 weeks ago. Also, when I clicked on either links, it confirmed that the tests had been done and that there was nothing else to do.

• 🤝
Reactions: Anoned and ellwilsen

tt_xo

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 20, 2020
Does anybody have advice for how to do better on the assumptions and inferences part of the WG? The internet is giving me general advice for the whole test but i think these two sections specifically I struggle with.

Nicole15

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Aug 22, 2018
    Does anybody have advice for how to do better on the assumptions and inferences part of the WG? The internet is giving me general advice for the whole test but i think these two sections specifically I struggle with.
    The tip is really to practice, practice and PRACTICE!

For assumption questions - An assumption is something presupposed. The statement is most likely a conclusion. If the assumption is a necessary premise to reach that conclusion but it hasn't been mentioned, it is likely to be an assumption.

An assumption is made when the assumption logically follows

An assumption is not made where an assumption does not logically follow.

For inferences - you will need to focus on whether a conclusion logically follows from a statement, rather than what conclusions are likely to follow from a statement.

I think the key is to also look at the questions in an objective manner! Put aside any biases, pre-knowledge etc. I really hope this helps! :)

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I received my Job Simulation feedback report today
    When did you do yours? I received my feedback report on Saturday and did my test on Friday so wondered if there's any correlation with how they're reviewing them or just purely in order of when people completed it

tt_xo

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 20, 2020
    The tip is really to practice, practice and PRACTICE!

For assumption questions - An assumption is something presupposed. The statement is most likely a conclusion. If the assumption is a necessary premise to reach that conclusion but it hasn't been mentioned, it is likely to be an assumption.

An assumption is made when the assumption logically follows

An assumption is not made where an assumption does not logically follow.

For inferences - you will need to focus on whether a conclusion logically follows from a statement, rather than what conclusions are likely to follow from a statement.

I think the key is to also look at the questions in an objective manner! Put aside any biases, pre-knowledge etc. I really hope this helps! :)
    Thank you so much!

Does anyone know if Stephenson Harwood review your application before sending a WG test?

ELaw2021

Future Trainee
    Apr 27, 2021
    I have an AC next Wednesday for Clyde & Co's winter vac scheme but I've just received an offer for A&O's winter vac scheme (which I plan on accepting) which will be over the same dates - should I immediately email Clyde & Co about this to see if I can be considered for their spring or summer vac scheme instead? How do I put this without it sounding like I'm not as interested in Clyde & Co?

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    I have an AC next Wednesday for Clyde & Co's winter vac scheme but I've just received an offer for A&O's winter vac scheme (which I plan on accepting) which will be over the same dates - should I immediately email Clyde & Co about this to see if I can be considered for their spring or summer vac scheme instead? How do I put this without it sounding like I'm not as interested in Clyde & Co?
    I would say go on the AC and see how it goes and then ask them once you're accepted? so you don't give a bad impression before knowing. Good luck

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.