TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veep9

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Yep. It’s new this year. They usually had a stage where you had to answer a couple of research questions but they’ve moved it to a VI this year.
    And thank goodness for that. Sending those answers in, never knowing if they had been received, and then getting a “reminder” three weeks after the deadline was stressful af!
    Is this for Spring?
    Yes :)

• Love
    Reactions: John Travoni

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Simmons WVS PFO. Last year I trailed off in the middle of two answers in the VI and made it to AC. This year, I thought I did well but didn’t pass.

Honestly, I’m reaching the point where I cannot understand what GR is looking for. I have good relevant experiences, a decent education, follow all the advice here and generally out there, get my applications checked, but I’m not getting anywhere. There doesn’t really seem to be a technique to crack, now it just feels like a lottery.

Ugh sorry for the moaning!
    I know what you mean- it can feel really random at times. I guess it's important to remember that you're up against a massive pool of applicants and that the quality of their performance directly impacts your chances. So the only thing you can really do is give it your best, seek feedback when it's available and continually identify any gaps in your performance to see where you can improve next time. It can be a frustrating process but you're doing well by reaching out here in the forum and not going through it alone. Keep in touch, let us know if we can help in any way. You've got this! 💪

• 🤝
    Reactions: Jaysen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.