TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I am applying to Reed Smith and there is only one question "Please provide us with any additional information that you would like to share about yourself, including your main activities or interests outside of study or work-life and for example any awards or personal achievements"

I was wondering if you would include also your qualities and skills for example "My entrepreneurial attitude and social activism have been instrumental to create commercial awareness workshops for my BAME colleagues and start working on my music/legal start-up etc.."

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Adamsmith

Nov 13, 2021
Hi guys, I’ve been invited to an assessment centre and they’ve asked for a copy of my A Level certificates. I’ve looked everywhere but I can’t find them, I’ve got my degree transcripts and everything but just can’t find my A Level ones. Does anyone know how big of an issue this is likely to be or any way I can deal with this?

Shootingstars2

Nov 13, 2021
Hey - I'm interested in commercial law, and private client law. In applications for firms which offer seats in both private client and commercial law, when they ask if there are any particular areas of law i'm interested in, is explaining my interest in both private client law, and commercial law acceptable or will this look bad? Not sure if they'd rather I have one specific preference since they're both so different!! Referring specifically to Charles Russell Speechyls which asks this question on their application form! Thanks

LongSufferingLawGrad

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 7, 2021
    Guess so, Linklaters tend to accept people early and send rejection emails much late. Have people already been made offers for Winter VS?
    Haven't heard anything from Links, but I think a few WVS offers have been made to those who competed their Pathfinder scheme or Making Links Scholarship.

Not sure how many offers have been made to external applicants...

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Just received an invite to Weil's Insight Day at their office! Those of you that have applied, I recommend you check your spam folders, as mine went there and there's a time limit to confirm attendance.
    Still nothing for me but they are probably coming at different times for everyone.

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Hey - I'm interested in commercial law, and private client law. In applications for firms which offer seats in both private client and commercial law, when they ask if there are any particular areas of law i'm interested in, is explaining my interest in both private client law, and commercial law acceptable or will this look bad? Not sure if they'd rather I have one specific preference since they're both so different!! Referring specifically to Charles Russell Speechyls which asks this question on their application form! Thanks
    Both is fine. I'd suggest trying to firm up what exactly you're keen on within those areas - commercial law is a very, very broad field and if CRS has any particular practice groups you're interested in then go to that level of detail.

I'm not sure how they run their private client practice but again that can involve a lot of things - assuming their focus is HNW individuals, do they handle private investment ex. into family offices, trusts, wills & estates, big-ticket divorces, Dickensian inheritance disputes, individual commercial/business disputes, real estate, secured borrowing? Identify your interests, get into what about this interests you, and why.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.