TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Please could anyone shed light on Travers' PFO email:

"We are sorry to inform you that we will not be holding any further interviews. We realise how disappointing this is but we have experienced a higher volume of applications than usual and are unable to interview everyone who has applied. Unfortunately, due to this volume we are also unable to provide feedback at this stage.

If the firm is still of interest, please visit our website for further information about applying for the Summer Vacation Schemes next year.

Once again, please do accept our sincere apologies for the delay you have experienced. We would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in Travers Smith."

Is this an outright PFO- do I need to wait until next cycle to re-apply? Or is it telling me to do another application from scratch for this cycle's SVS as they couldn't read my WVS app?

Reactions: Nicole15 and GOI983

ps123

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
Please could anyone shed light on Travers' PFO email:

"We are sorry to inform you that we will not be holding any further interviews. We realise how disappointing this is but we have experienced a higher volume of applications than usual and are unable to interview everyone who has applied. Unfortunately, due to this volume we are also unable to provide feedback at this stage.

If the firm is still of interest, please visit our website for further information about applying for the Summer Vacation Schemes next year.

Once again, please do accept our sincere apologies for the delay you have experienced. We would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in Travers Smith."

Is this an outright PFO- do I need to wait until next cycle to re-apply? Or is it telling me to do another application from scratch for this cycle's SVS as they couldn't read my WVS app?
I'm taking it as an outright PFO but allowed to apply for a Summer vacation scheme, applied early enough in the cycle for them to have read my application in my mind. Could well be wrong but choosing to take a more positive outlook:)

m.aspiring.lawyer

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Did anyone attend the Clyde & Co AC today? I hope it went well for you! Are you able to give any insight on how long each aspect of the AC was? I am really unsure what to expect from the interview in terms of how long it is going to be! Thanks :)

kitty_kat

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 10, 2020
Hi! Does anyone know if A&O's grad rec team reads the emails sent to them, or must we telephone them as their automated reply email (containing a list of FAQs) asks us to telephone them directly if our queries have not been answered by FAQs provided? thank you!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.