TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Does anyone have any advice for the A&O SJT test such as what advice for the numerical element of the test. Also is it like HSF SJT where there are right answers or is it like Linklaters CAPP test where it is competency-based such as looking at your com[etencies rather than a right answer. Thank you in advance for any help.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Can anyone give me tips for the Clyde VI
    research the firm really well, know why you want to work their and what practice areas interests you, be prepared for a couple of situational scenarios and brush up on your skills. The interview is quiet long so take breaks in between and take it easy. I would also recommend keeping the firm's values next to you as you there are many questions relating to these. And good luck!

EH96

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Hi, is it better to do the Gowling Arctic Shores assessment on a phone or laptop? It says you can use either but I know sometimes the game-based assessments are easier on a phone? Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi, is it better to do the Gowling Arctic Shores assessment on a phone or laptop? It says you can use either but I know sometimes the game-based assessments are easier on a phone? Thanks!
    I think it really depends on your personal dexterity on either device. I would go with what you think you can respond to most quickly. For me, I'd do it on a tablet because I know I'll be quicker than using a mouse or touchpad on a laptop, but have a larger screen than a phone. But other people might find other methods better for them.

Reactions: EH96

SCN

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 20, 2020
    Does anyone have any advice for the A&O SJT test such as what advice for the numerical element of the test. Also is it like HSF SJT where there are right answers or is it like Linklaters CAPP test where it is competency-based such as looking at your com[etencies rather than a right answer. Thank you in advance for any help.
    If you do their practice SJT - the questions are pretty similar style to the actual test. In terms on numerical elements, it's stuff like reading graphs, working out percentages, adding sums etc. - you'll need a calculator. Not sure if there's "right" or "wrong" answers, they're just looking for you to demonstrate the competencies they value

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.