TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssolicitorz

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 3, 2021
I enjoyed doing it but I didn't feel the result I got was very reflective of me. Will be interesting to see if I get progressed to the next stage. Does anyone know how long it takes after the Arctic Shores test?
Mixed opinions 🤣 Some of my qualities contradicted themselves a bit e.g. scored lower for feeling energised by social situations (not me at all really) but then scoring higher on assertiveness and adaptability in social situations but hey ho. They don't take the results as law though and consider with the rest of the app.
I feel like they're probably quite useful for demonstrating your self-awareness tbh e.g. If you say in your app that you're adaptable then score highly on that in the test then you've evidenced ur app well.

I am still yet to take mine... how did you guys prepare for it? like were there any specific apps with games that helped or something like that?

Reactions: anon123456789

littlecat

Jan 15, 2021
I am still yet to take mine... how did you guys prepare for it? like were there any specific apps with games that helped or something like that?
You can't really prepare for it unfortunately - a couple of the tests have a practice version beforehand and there's a practice app, but it's like a situational judgment test in that it tests for your "natural" behaviours.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Apologies if it is a bit of a dumb question but do firms review AC performances at a rolling basis and those who have their interviews scheduled towards the end at a disadvantage compared to those who attend first? I understand it might differ from firm to firm, however, just trying to get a general idea if people know anything about this! Thank you.
Unfortunately there isn’t one set way of doing this and no general trend.

One of the key factors that will influence it is how long a gap there is between the first and last AC. If this is more than a couple of weeks, it’s more likely to be on a rolling basis.

Firms are pretty good at predicting conversion rates, so I don’t think you are at a disadvantage going later. In addition, 1) firms typically have some flexibility in hiring numbers and 2) even if they do offer on a rolling basis they can also put some candidates on hold while they see how later interviews go.

lawful_neutral216

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 5, 2020
Unfortunately there isn’t one set way of doing this and no general trend.

One of the key factors that will influence it is how long a gap there is between the first and last AC. If this is more than a couple of weeks, it’s more likely to be on a rolling basis.

Firms are pretty good at predicting conversion rates, so I don’t think you are at a disadvantage going later. In addition, 1) firms typically have some flexibility in hiring numbers and 2) even if they do offer on a rolling basis they can also put some candidates on hold while they see how later interviews go.
Thanks for the detailed response, Jessica!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.