TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

h1

Esteemed Member
Oct 12, 2020
Is it a disadvantage to book a later assessment centre date? Do firms fill up VS spots as they go along?
Jessica just answered this above:

Unfortunately there isn’t one set way of doing this and no general trend.

One of the key factors that will influence it is how long a gap there is between the first and last AC. If this is more than a couple of weeks, it’s more likely to be on a rolling basis.

Firms are pretty good at predicting conversion rates, so I don’t think you are at a disadvantage going later. In addition, 1) firms typically have some flexibility in hiring numbers and 2) even if they do offer on a rolling basis they can also put some candidates on hold while they see how later interviews go.

atrumregina1

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 5, 2021
    Don’t want to submit my travers app because don’t think it’s good enough and can’t bear a 3rd rejection from my fave firm :)
    I have definitely felt like this over the past days but you can only get good news if your foot is in the game :) Rejections are brutal but will only make you better for your next application :) Really wish you all the best though

Reactions: WillF, Law1099 and h1

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Don’t want to submit my travers app because don’t think it’s good enough and can’t bear a 3rd rejection from my fave firm :)
    If you don't want to get a rejection I always don't submit it as if a rejection will affect your motivation then do not submit it. s you cant get a rejection if you don't submit it.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    This is also my third time applying to Travers and I felt this when submitting it but given I have no idea what they want from the application your best shot is just to submit and see what the outcome is. If anything, it’ll be a good basis for future cover letters!

Reactions: Rob93

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Thank you so much! It all got resolved in the end! Could I just ask how quickly you heard back from HSF after the AC?
    I'm so glad that's great news!

So personally I found out the same day. This shouldn't inform future expectations though as I know others who were successful who did not hear back so quickly. I think it depends on how smoothly the discussions behind the scenes go etc. Things may also vary in different years etc. so do not worry if you have not yet heard!

Do let me know when you find out though! How did you find the interview?

Crystal86

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 10, 2021
    Hi! For the Travers Smith application, they are asking for letter grade under Academic Details but on my results transcript there is no mention of that should I just put down N/A? Also, they are asking for number grade as a percentage but my university marks out of a set score rather than provide a percentage so not too sure what to put down?
    @Jessica Booker

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Hi! For the Travers Smith application, they are asking for letter grade under Academic Details but on my results transcript there is no mention of that should I just put down N/A? Also, they are asking for number grade as a percentage but my university marks out of a set score rather than provide a percentage so not too sure what to put down?
    @Jessica Booker
    Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe letter grade is just 2:2, 2:1 etc.

Also, are you sure your set score isn’t a percentage in itself? E.g. if you get a ‘score’ of 65 that’s a 2:1 and 65%.

Reactions: Crystal86

Arche172372

Distinguished Member
    Jan 7, 2022
    I'm so glad that's great news!

So personally I found out the same day. This shouldn't inform future expectations though as I know others who were successful who did not hear back so quickly. I think it depends on how smoothly the discussions behind the scenes go etc. Things may also vary in different years etc. so do not worry if you have not yet heard!

Do let me know when you find out though! How did you find the interview?
    How long did it take for you to head back from Akin Gump last year?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.