TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Also what’s the next app stage for Travers- is it straight to AC?
    I thought Travers don't do AC anymore? I think they only do interviews now if I remember correctly?
    Yes, it was a single interview last year for the VS so I'm guessing it's the same this year. The AC type activities take place during the vac scheme itself as a form of assessment for the TC.

rose888

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 19, 2021
    I'm suddenly seeing so many people talking about their slaughter interviews. Mine is in Feb and when I went on the booking system, slots were only available as from end of January. Am I missing something here or is slaughters interviewing a lot of people?
    I think they started interviews last week and are going till end of Feb - must be quite a lot of people!

• Wow
    Reactions: thelovelygiraffe

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    If anyone has any advice for HSF AC it would be much appreciated :) Especially anyone who recently did the spring AC with the new format of interviews!
    Hi @SR99,

Congratulations for getting through to interview! 🥳

This post might help. I tried to break down my major tips for HSF's interview!

Please do ask away if I can be of any further help.

matpart

Star Member
    Jan 2, 2020
    Does anyone know if you need a separate "why me" section, if that has been implied throughout the cover letter? When I link the firm's capabilities back to my own motivations to why I want to train at it, I add that this would make me a proactive trainee at the firm, so I feel like I show the 'why me", but perhaps they want it more explicitly spelt out?

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    MY ARCTIC SHORES RESULT.... GOOD BYE TAYLOR WESSING :( View attachment 3789
    Don't stress! I don't think its the end of the world, I was very similar on the first and second ones- I think what threw me was having a lot of the cognition stuff at the beginning when I was a bit nervous. They categorically have to look at your application holistically considering how long the written application was so don't give up hope yet :)
    Cognition is probably a lot more easily tested at AC level with regards to case study exercises etc.

Also, yes cognition is important but they wouldn't have a whole 7 page report of your assessed qualities if they weren't looking for anything else. How quickly you can comprehend a 50 page law report is no indication of your emotional intelligence and how you build client relationships for example.

Holding out hope for you!!

aspiringlawyer123_

Legendary Member
    Dec 11, 2021
    Taylor Wessing Arctic Shores Behavioural assessment invite! finally! Never actually done this before so does anyone have any tips on what to expect and how to prep? thanks alot!
    No prep necessary! I know sometimes people say that but it’s true it’s literally a game testing reaction times etc. The only thing I would recommend is be fully energised when you do it

imdeded

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2022
    Anyone who's still waiting to hear back from Davis Polk? Expecting a PFO since I heard interviews are already in motion and heard nothing but wondering if I should email in case I've missed any correspondence?

Reactions: APPLE619

Law2021vacschemer

Valued Member
    Dec 7, 2021
    Does anyone know if you need a separate "why me" section, if that has been implied throughout the cover letter? When I link the firm's capabilities back to my own motivations to why I want to train at it, I add that this would make me a proactive trainee at the firm, so I feel like I show the 'why me", but perhaps they want it more explicitly spelt out?
    I didn’t do a why me section in my cover letter for slaughters and got to the interview stage so I would say no, but it may depend on the firm!

Reactions: George Maxwell
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.