• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

also @Antoni Trochimowicz in response to my previous question on Sullcrom cover letter word count and format - could you also lmk how you would structure the answer? Thank you in anticipation!
Hi! You can definitely do the standard why law, why firm, why me format. One of my close friends (future trainee there), did it in many short paragraphs, which never fully stuck for me (making me take a different approach).

I personally did (and progressed to interview stage with) why law, then why S&C X 3, but then each of the why S&C paragraphs I linked it back to why me at the end.

Hopefully this was understandable :)!
 
Of course, I’ve gone to start a practice video recording before my SJT/VI and my laptop camera isn’t switching on and is flashing green…. 🫩

Awkward Stan Twitter GIF
 

Find member