The Quarantine Revision Thread 2020

gricole

Legendary Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    Hey everyone,

I took some time off from university as everything was up in the air and assessment policies were redesigned at our uni. In the end, I now have a Criminal exam replacement coursework and my dissertation to submit by the 27th August. In the meantime, I managed to finish off with Trusts and EU.

I'd be more than happy for this thread to stay on for the September 2020 starters as distance learning means that we will have to forge a sense of community through any online means available. I will also continue updating the thread now that I'm back.

Hope everyone is staying safe - sadly the situation in Bulgaria is rapidly worsening.

• 🤝
    Reactions: IntrepidL and Daniel Boden

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    How's revision, all?
    Not too bad, but very busy! I'm currently working on some European Economic Law/ Commercial Competition Law coursework.

It can be hard to stay motivated at times due to the online nature of my learning this year, but it's important to remember the end goal and keep pushing through! I took a few days to relax over Christmas and felt it was very beneficial.

Reactions: rayofsunshine

Naomi U

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    Dec 8, 2019
    How's revision, all?

Hi all!

Fortunately, I do not have much to revise for as most of my exams are in the summer. However, I do have a 3000-word essay for my Islamic Law module that I have been working on.

Like Jacob said, it can be very hard to stay motivated especially during the Christmas break when I'm sure we'd all rather stay in bed!

I think the key is definitely to create structure for your day, in order to have designated working hours but also time to relax and unwind. This is especially important for those combining revision with applications, which can be very daunting!

With this is mind, my top advice is to create a schedule and stick to it, but to also remember to take time for yourself!

LeilaScott

Valued Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Hi all!

Fortunately, I do not have much to revise for as most of my exams are in the summer. However, I do have a 3000-word essay for my Islamic Law module that I have been working on.

Like Jacob said, it can be very hard to stay motivated especially during the Christmas break when I'm sure we'd all rather stay in bed!

I think the key is definitely to create structure for your day, in order to have designated working hours but also time to relax and unwind. This is especially important for those combining revision with applications, which can be very daunting!

With this is mind, my top advice is to create a schedule and stick to it, but to also remember to take time for yourself!
    Islamic Law as a module sounds so interesting! Wish my uni offered something like that!

How do you create structure in your day? Kinda struggling to get a routine in place because of library closures and balancing TC apps! Would love any advice !!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.