The Quarantine Revision Thread 2020

gricole

Legendary Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    HI All,

I think it's crucial to have a routine and keep to a structure during these stressful times! This is why I'm creating this thread to be used as a revision diary of anyone who wants to hop on. I'll be posting daily updates of my progress. You can also share other parts of your daily routine so we can help each other during the crisis.

Update 1: I'm currently finishing up my Trusts Law coursework which is due on the 8th April. Also, started re-learning German as I did it for A levels but dropped it at uni. Will be doing my revision planner today too.

As a side note, I decided to start preparing for a marathon to run in August in loving memory of my father who sadly passed away in December, aged 51. Practicing on the treadmill at home and getting those miles done brings me such positive energy that I don't feel exhausted by the constant pandemic news everywhere.

Stay safe and best of luck to all!

Honest99

Mar 4, 2020
    Tbh I think this is a really bad idea. Seeing the amount of revision people are doing everyday is the last thing I want to be looking at. The people that do that on Instagram and social media really annoy me and just add to the anxiety I feel. Maybe you should reconsider this and perhaps just stick to application discussion and support, which is what this website is for. Kinda feel like your post above is a bit of a humble brag.

There is already an inspiration thread on here which I feel like is more than enough.

Last edited:
    • 📥
    • Haha
    Reactions: TiredPG, APP, H S and 5 others

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Tbh I think this is a really bad idea. Seeing the amount of revision people are doing everyday is the last thing I want to be looking at. The people that do that on Instagram and social media really annoy me and just add to the anxiety I feel. Maybe you should reconsider this and perhaps just stick to application discussion and support, which is what this website is for. Kinda feel like your post above is a bit of a humble brag.

There is already an inspiration thread on here which I feel like is more than enough.

If you don't want to look at this thread, you don't need to look at it. It's a great thread idea.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    HI All,

I think it's crucial to have a routine and keep to a structure during these stressful times! This is why I'm creating this thread to be used as a revision diary of anyone who wants to hop on. I'll be posting daily updates of my progress. You can also share other parts of your daily routine so we can help each other during the crisis.

Update 1: I'm currently finishing up my Trusts Law coursework which is due on the 8th April. Also, started re-learning German as I did it for A levels but dropped it at uni. Will be doing my revision planner today too.

As a side note, I decided to start preparing for a marathon to run in August in loving memory of my father who sadly passed away in December, aged 51. Practicing on the treadmill at home and getting those miles done brings me such positive energy that I don't feel exhausted by the constant pandemic news everywhere.

Firstly, I am so sorry for the loss of your father and really commend you for doing something so positive in his memory!

Great idea to offer to help people have a semblance of structure in these unnerving times and good to hear you're restarting German!

I just have 6,000 words left of university to go before I'm officially all finished - a really weird end to my final year and to be honest I'm still a bit gutted I won't be able to enjoy the post-exams fun/graduation ball etc that we were so looking forward to.

That said, health and happiness is far more important and I look forward to having a graduation ceremony at some point! :)

Last edited:

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    @gricole I too think this is a brilliant thread idea. Starting to learn German again is an incredible way to make the most of this time too I think!
    I know it’s been a tough time and running a marathon is absolutely no easy feat! I’m sure your dad would be very proud of you for all you are doing and for the strength you continue to show. Behind you all the way and please keep me updated on the marathon training too!

As a side note, please can everyone remember to be kind and compassionate. Nobody knows the struggles we all have behind closed doors and it’s so important to remember that.

Last edited:

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    On the topic of revision, feel free to use my template that I made to assist with my own revision planning! It starts from next week :)
    This is amazing! Sure this will help so many people so thank you for sharing! Will have to remember this doc for when I’m revising myself again next year! :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Alison C and D

Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Legendary Member
  • Nov 26, 2019
    HI All,

Thank you for creating this thread :) and sorry to hear about your father’s loss. I wish you all the strength!

gricole

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    Thank you all for your comments! I'm pleased that most of you like the idea! @Honest99 I appreciate your criticism - I want this thread to serve as a motivating factor for students to work during these uncertain times. I also want to give people the opportunity to create a routine which will help them mentally! I am very sorry if you feel intimidated by it. I've put the thread in the general discussion intentionally to avoid a mix with the threads regarding applications. :)) I hope you are all staying safe!

Update 2:

Finished my Trusts essay - tbf I didn't expect that certainty of objects in trusts could be such an interesting topic! Still have to edit and finalise the bibliography before I submit.

Btw does anyone have any tips on language learning? Have you ever tried to learn a language by yourself?

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Thank you all for your comments! I'm pleased that most of you like the idea! @Honest99 I appreciate your criticism - I want this thread to serve as a motivating factor for students to work during these uncertain times. I also want to give people the opportunity to create a routine which will help them mentally! I am very sorry if you feel intimidated by it. I've put the thread in the general discussion intentionally to avoid a mix with the threads regarding applications. :)) I hope you are all staying safe!

Update 2:

Finished my Trusts essay - tbf I didn't expect that certainty of objects in trusts could be such an interesting topic! Still have to edit and finalise the bibliography before I submit.

Btw does anyone have any tips on language learning? Have you ever tried to learn a language by yourself?
    I haven’t tried learning a language alone just yet, though I have my Spanish textbook and will be looking to do so over the new few weeks so I too would appreciate any tips!! :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    I'd really recommend Duolingo Alice! Best language learning site there is (at least for Spanish in my opinion) and it's free!
    Thank you Dan!! Will download it :) :) (also watching Race Across the World on BBC2 and it’s making me want to travel to South America so much- will have to chat to you about that!)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Helena and Daniel Boden

Osh

Distinguished Member
    Nov 18, 2018

Update 2:

Try find someone you can practice the language with informally, preferably a native speaker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.