TLT Vacation Scheme Application Assistance

Farhan65756

Distinguished Member
Feb 3, 2023
I am applying to TLT's Vac Scheme and I am a little confused on how to approach and structure this question:

"The TLT values are at the core of everything we do. Which of TLT’s 5 values are most important when working with our clients? (250 Words)"

TLT's values are: Go beyond expectation, Challenge convention, Work side-by-side, Be open and inclusive, and Drive sustainable action.

Some advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I am applying to TLT's Vac Scheme and I am a little confused on how to approach and structure this question:

"The TLT values are at the core of everything we do. Which of TLT’s 5 values are most important when working with our clients? (250 Words)"

TLT's values are: Go beyond expectation, Challenge convention, Work side-by-side, Be open and inclusive, and Drive sustainable action.

Ultimately you could argue any of the five are the most important, and they have purposely set a question so there isn’t an obvious answer.

Select one value that really stands out to you as being the most important, and explain why it is so, providing some analysis as to how that particular value may benefit clients and the firm.

Reactions: Farhan65756

Farhan65756

Distinguished Member
Feb 3, 2023
Ultimately you could argue any of the five are the most important, and they have purposely set a question so there isn’t an obvious answer.

Select one value that really stands out to you as being the most important, and explain why it is so, providing some analysis as to how that particular value may benefit clients and the firm.
Thank you so much for the advice Jessica 👍

pineappleonpizza1

May 22, 2023

Hi Jessica, thank you for this advice. In these types of questions would it be good to show how we have demonstrated that skill?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica, thank you for this advice. In these types of questions would it be good to show how we have demonstrated that skill?
There is no need to do this. The question is assessing your knowledge of how law firms operate/how lawyers work, not how you have demonstrated that quality.

chimpsy

Jan 5, 2024

Thank you so much for the advice Jessica. I've just got a couple of questions. If I'm understanding this right, we only have to pick ONE value out of the five? For the analysis, do we have to include real situations where the firm has, let's say for example, gone beyomd expectation, while working woth the client?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you so much for the advice Jessica. I've just got a couple of questions. If I'm understanding this right, we only have to pick ONE value out of the five? For the analysis, do we have to include real situations where the firm has, let's say for example, gone beyomd expectation, while working woth the client?
The use of “are” in the question suggests you can pick more than one value, but I think only two are needed so you can answer the question well.

You can use examples to demonstrate why it is the most important or how it’s led to success for the client and/or, if that helps, but it isn’t completely necessary. You could just take more generally as to why you think it is the most important/what it could lead to.

Makkajana

Feb 7, 2024

Does anyone know when the TLT Vac scheme is?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.