To apply or not to apply? (1st year)

PlimptonWeld

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
I'm already due to attend a banking event in April and it will clash with the 1st year scheme at Freshfields. My dillemma is should I still apply and see if I get an offer from Freshfields, then decline? I don't want to be flagged out by denying an offer after receiving it? Is that a normal thing to deny an offer? But then again, if I did apply, I think it would be a good opportunity to get to know Freshfields' application process and get a go at their Watson Glaser assessment.

What would be the most sensible way?

Happy holidays,

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If you would attend the banking event over Freshfields, then I don’t think it is worthwhile applying. You can attend events with them later in the year and apply for a vacation scheme next autumn if your preference now is for the banking event.

Reactions: PlimptonWeld

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.