Training Contract Journey

Jamim

Sep 2, 2020
Hi everyone,

Thank you TCLA team for my one-month bronze Scholarship. I'm extremely glad that I can utilise the courses available to me. I am in my first round of applications and in my final year of university. I have been rejected by most of the firms I applied to for a VS. I did not apply to many as I focused on quality, not quantity. I know an area that I need to build upon is understanding commercial concepts. I am currently trying to make myself the best candidate, so that I can answer "why commercial law?." I hope to use whatever is available to me to become a better candidate for the next round of applications.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi everyone,

Thank you TCLA team for my one-month bronze Scholarship. I'm extremely glad that I can utilise the courses available to me. I am in my first round of applications and in my final year of university. I have been rejected by most of the firms I applied to for a VS. I did not apply to many as I focused on quality, not quantity. I know an area that I need to build upon is understanding commercial concepts. I am currently trying to make myself the best candidate, so that I can answer "why commercial law?." I hope to use whatever is available to me to become a better candidate for the next round of applications.
    Hi @Jamim,

Pleasure to have you here and many congratulations on the scholarship! I'm sure it will help you learn and develop as a candidate. It's also very brave of you to post about being rejected, so thank you for sharing this!

Look forward to seeing you around the forums :)

Reactions: Jamim and Jaysen

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi Jamim,

Really distilling why you want to be a commercial lawyer is one of the most difficult things to do, so it's great to see that you're taking the time to identify reasons that are personal to you. Do let us know if you'd like to bounce around some ideas surrounding that/if we can help with anything else!

Reactions: Jaysen

Jamim

Sep 2, 2020
    Hi Jamim,

Really distilling why you want to be a commercial lawyer is one of the most difficult things to do, so it's great to see that you're taking the time to identify reasons that are personal to you. Do let us know if you'd like to bounce around some ideas surrounding that/if we can help with anything else!

Thank you Dheepa, will do! :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to the forum @Jamim, wishing you the best of luck in your journey!

Reactions: Jamim

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.