UK vs US - The fundamental differences in firms

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
Good afternoon,

I have been interested in what the key differences are between UK and US firms operating in London. Whilst I don't necessarily want to be spoon-fed the answer, could someone possibly point me in the direction of where I may be conduct some meaningful research, aside from merely comparing their clients and practise areas?

If this has been posted elsewhere, I do apologise! The search function didn't identify any results. Likewise, if this is a topic you intend on covering in the future, I look forward to reading the content.

Thanks!

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
Hey D!

This is generally covered in the link Sameer posted above, but some pointers beyond practice area and clients include:
  • Profits
  • Training programme
  • Number of trainees and lawyers
  • Global reach
  • International strategy
  • Secondment opportunities
  • Remuneration
  • Bonuses
Is there a particular area you were interested in?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

AzanAshai

TCLA Writer
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Mar 1, 2018
    Good afternoon,

I have been interested in what the key differences are between UK and US firms operating in London. Whilst I don't necessarily want to be spoon-fed the answer, could someone possibly point me in the direction of where I may be conduct some meaningful research, aside from merely comparing their clients and practise areas?

If this has been posted elsewhere, I do apologise! The search function didn't identify any results. Likewise, if this is a topic you intend on covering in the future, I look forward to reading the content.

Thanks!

Hi D!

This is a question I have researched a fair few times. Like Jaysen mentioned above, I recommend checking out the referenced thread and please feel free to shoot me some questions if there is anything in particular you were wondering about. I am by no means an expert on the topic and appreciate learning more about this.

Reactions: Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.