Video interviews - tips and tricks

SarahB3

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 28, 2019
To also add to the above, so many candidates struggle with video interviews because of a lack of practice. Just like anything, if you've never practiced it before, you'll likely struggle with timing, feel nervous and lack composure.

If you want to get 'good' at video interviews - or at least find them easier - try to simulate a video interview session as best as possible (even if it's just recording yourself with a limited time to answer unexpected questions). While you can't know what questions will come up, if you do this enough times, you should hopefully be able to stay composed and confident when answering difficult questions.
Hi TCLA Team,

Every time I click on the video stimulator option on the TCLA website, I am automatically logged out of my premium account. May I kindly ask whether someone could assist me please? I am really keen to get some practice before my upcoming interview. Thank you

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi TCLA Team,

Every time I click on the video stimulator option on the TCLA website, I am automatically logged out of my premium account. May I kindly ask whether someone could assist me please? I am really keen to get some practice before my upcoming interview. Thank you
Hi @SarahB3 - tagging in @Jaysen or @Dheepa who might be able to help with this

Reactions: SarahB3 and Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi TCLA Team,

Hey Sarah,

Can I just confirm you are following the below step to access the video interview simulator?
    • Please email [email protected] with the subject ‘Video Interview Simulator’.
    • Within 5 minutes, you will be automatically emailed a link to your video interview. You must include the subject ‘Video Interview Simulator’ (without the quotation marks), or the link will not send.

SarahB3

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 28, 2019
    Hey Sarah,

Can I just confirm you are following the below step to access the video interview simulator?
    • Please email [email protected] with the subject ‘Video Interview Simulator’.
    • Within 5 minutes, you will be automatically emailed a link to your video interview. You must include the subject ‘Video Interview Simulator’ (without the quotation marks), or the link will not send.
    Apologies, I didn't do the above. I will send over an email to request the video link. Thank you Jaysen!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.