Webber Wentzel Articles Interview 2021

Lauren Schaefer

Sep 14, 2021
Please state the month/year you interviewed at the firm.

September 2021

Please specify what the interview was for.

Candidate Attorney position for 2023 (Articles)

Please give an overview of the day with approximate timings.

8:30 - 9:00: Introduction and written assignment
10:00-10:30: Individual Interview

Please provide a summary of each assessment on the day with approximate timings.

The introduction was run by the HR Graduate Recruitment. We introduced ourselves and were then given a short written assignment. The assignment question was "If you could change any piece of legislation, what would it be and why?". We had 15 minutes to complete the task.

The interview was hosted by 5 of the partners of the firm and was 30mins long. I was allowed to ask questions at the end.

Both took place on MS Teams.

What is your best advice for each aspect of the assessment on the day? Please break this down for each assessment. This can include advice for preparation, as well as tips for the day.

For the written assignment, keep your writing clear and concise. It is about the quality of your work rather than quantity. Try not to panic.
For the interview, go over the basics of important subjects like contract and be able to explain why you enjoy certain subjects you have studied. Ensure you are up to date with current events.

Questions I was asked:
- why law
- what is your understanding of transformation
- do you support transformation
- how do you think transformation should be implemented at WW
- tell us about what you've learnt in some of your favourite subjects
- tell us about a time you worked in a difficult situation within a team
- I was asked questions relevant to my CV
- they asked me technical law questions about contracts / contract law

Were you successful?
Have not heard back yet.

Alfred Adjei

Feb 24, 2021
Please state the month/year you interviewed at the firm.

September 2021

Please specify what the interview was for.

Candidate Attorney position for 2023 (Articles)

Please give an overview of the day with approximate timings.

8:30 - 9:00: Introduction and written assignment
10:00-10:30: Individual Interview

Please provide a summary of each assessment on the day with approximate timings.

The introduction was run by the HR Graduate Recruitment. We introduced ourselves and were then given a short written assignment. The assignment question was "If you could change any piece of legislation, what would it be and why?". We had 15 minutes to complete the task.

The interview was hosted by 5 of the partners of the firm and was 30mins long. I was allowed to ask questions at the end.

Both took place on MS Teams.

What is your best advice for each aspect of the assessment on the day? Please break this down for each assessment. This can include advice for preparation, as well as tips for the day.

For the written assignment, keep your writing clear and concise. It is about the quality of your work rather than quantity. Try not to panic.
For the interview, go over the basics of important subjects like contract and be able to explain why you enjoy certain subjects you have studied. Ensure you are up to date with current events.

Questions I was asked:
- why law
- what is your understanding of transformation
- do you support transformation
- how do you think transformation should be implemented at WW
- tell us about what you've learnt in some of your favourite subjects
- tell us about a time you worked in a difficult situation within a team
- I was asked questions relevant to my CV
- they asked me technical law questions about contracts / contract law

Were you successful?
Have not heard back yet.

hi, Lauren Schaefer Thank you so much for your detailed post. I also wrote a psychometric assessment in July and I am still waiting for a response. your post will be really beneficial when I get an interview.​

Reactions: Lauren Schaefer

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.