What actually is a trainees role in an M&A transaction- why is collaborative skills important to this?

hopefullawyer101

Legendary Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hey guys,

Writing an application about applying skills to a trainee role and I am talking about using collaboration/ communication within transaction and leasing between different departments in a firm. feedback I got was more information on what a trainees role is in a an M&A transaction and how collaboration/ teamwork is necessary. I know vaguely what to write but could anyone help me out about more- its hard to know when you're only going off second hand research

123Law1234

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 36
Sep 4, 2019
I think it depends on the exact firm. However, as a general rule trainees may be involved in managing the conditions precedent checklist which would involve communicating with other lawyers and non-lawyers to ensure that all of the necessary tasks are completed on time.

Related to this, a trainee may be required to ensure that they collect all of the necessary signatures and ensure that the final bundles have all of the correct documents.

Trainees are sometimes asked to complete the first draft of documents as well.

So teamwork/ communication/ organisation skills are used.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.