What do firms mean by 'We review applications on a rolling-basis'?

sushichick02

Dec 19, 2021
Talking about White & Case's vacation scheme applications in specific. Do they mean that they send offers on a first-come first served basis? Or that they review applications during the application window, but send out offers after the application deadline?

Really hoping to get an answer on this asap, and happy holidays!

Romiras

Legendary Member
Associate
Apr 3, 2019
The deadline is on 15 of Jan, and I'm aiming to submit my application by Sunday (26 of Dec). Would that possibly be good enough?
No one could possibly tell you what the current progress of the applications and offers are. Just try to focus on getting a good application out, and then as early as possible. A better application (that is submitted later) is superior to a rushed application.

Reactions: AvniD and Jessica Booker

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
The deadline is on 15 of Jan, and I'm aiming to submit my application by Sunday (26 of Dec). Would that possibly be good enough?
Hi @sushichick02,

Welcome to the forum! It is great to have you in the community.

Just to add to what @Romiras has said, I would agree. It is best just to focus on getting a good application written and sent in a timely manner. Don't rush the content. However, equally, do not leave sending it to the last minute (especially because it is rolling). Try to strike a balance between writing a strong application with getting it in (sooner rather than later).

I would say that it is still worth sending your application! No one can give you a definitive answer on this (whether or not it is too late), but I would have thought you have every chance if you send it in by today (or even in a few days from now).

Wishing you the best of luck for you application.

Feel free to tag me if you would like any more advice or help 🚀

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.