Making a late application (reviewed on rolling basis) - worth it?

lawstudent12

Dec 28, 2021
Hi,

So I am interested in submitting an application for a vacation scheme at a law firm (either today or tomorrow) and the deadline is 6 January. They review applications on a rolling basis.

Is it even worth making the application considering I have left it so late? This is for Mishcon de Reya

Thank you!

mustardcustard

• Sep 10, 2021
    I understand that, however I wanted to check if it would be worth the time investment given that I could be working on other applications for firms that don't review on a rolling basis. :/ I don't want to be stupid with my limited time basically because I have a lot going on at the moment.
    I used to think it wasn't worth it until I received an AC invite for A&O, having submitted an application a few days before their deadline. So now I would definitely advocate for submitting an application even if it's late.

Reactions: lawstudent12

Sim96

Star Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jul 11, 2020
    @Jessica Booker - thank you so much for all your answers on the previous posts! It really has defined my strategy (I have some personal information that I wanted to share on DM-hope that is okay) Will post the general question here - Please could you advice if BCLP is one of the firms mainly recruiting from vacs schemes? (Is there a similar list for other firms? Couldnt find it on TCLA)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.