What is a "Continuation box"?

JimTC

Standard Member
Jan 2, 2020
In the Freshfields application, there are 6 essay questions. One of them is just 2 words: "Continuation box" as the writing prompt.

The question before the "Continuation box" question is "Please write about your background, career, interests and aspirations in no more than 850 words. You may wish to mention any positions of responsibility held at school or subsequently, any regular employment or other work experience or other achievements and any particular interests and personal qualities which are significant. Please also state briefly why you are making this application." If I can write my 850-word answer to this question, what is the purpose of the asking "Continuation box"?

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
I believe that box is for anything that you have not mentioned in your application that may support it, for example serious disruption to your studies/ mitigating circumstances or disability requirements that has not been mentioned in the form before.

JimTC

Standard Member
Jan 2, 2020
There's actually another box asking for mitigating circumstances after the "continuation box" question so I don't think Freshfields would duplicate the question twice on theri application?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.