aaron22

Feb 28, 2018
Is anyone else a big fan of podcasts? I'm a bit obsessive over them :p

Some of my current favourites:
  • Hardcore history by Dan Harris
  • How I built this by NPR
  • Tim Ferris
  • Waking up by Sam Harris
  • Startup school radio by Y Combinator (you can see I like startup stuff!)
  • Joe Rogan
And then when I'm feeling like I should be studying:
  • Planet Money by NPR
  • Freakonomics radio
  • Economist/FT
  • Bloomberg Surveillance
  • BBC World Business Report

jess889

Distinguished Member
Feb 26, 2018
Nice topic, I love podcasts - especially No such thing as a fish, Reply All, Hardcore History, radiolab (the older episodes) and Stuff you should know. Some of the ones you listed look interesting though :)

MightyMoe

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Is anyone else a big fan of podcasts? I'm a bit obsessive over them :p

Some of my current favourites:
  • Hardcore history by Dan Harris
  • How I built this by NPR
  • Tim Ferris
  • Waking up by Sam Harris
  • Startup school radio by Y Combinator (you can see I like startup stuff!)
  • Joe Rogan
And then when I'm feeling like I should be studying:
  • Planet Money by NPR
  • Freakonomics radio
  • Economist/FT
  • Bloomberg Surveillance
  • BBC World Business Report

You have good taste! I like Tim Ferris - have you heard of James Altucher?

Jonty

Mar 2, 2018
@Jonty just to piggyback on this thread as I know you mentioned doing a podcast (and we are entertaining the idea too). You might enjoy this: http://www.goldmansachs.com/our-thinking/podcasts/episodes/02-23-2018-podcasts.html. - Goldman sachs I know, but their latest episode about 'the golden age of podcasts' is really interesting.

Sorry for such a delayed response, been away for the weekend and working since to try to catch up on other stuff. This looks great - will give it a listen :)

Reactions: Nicole

MightyMoe

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hey sorry for the late response but yeah I have. Some of his podcasts are great but have you seen him online? He seems really shady trying to get people to invest.

Aha yes I get his really long emails! Funnily enough I was just listening to him interview a guy called Paul Mecurio, he was a M&A lawyer at a US law firm but he left to become a comedian.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.