What to do before starting the LPC?

cc800

Dec 7, 2019
Hi everyone. I have just finished the GDL and accepted a TC to start in September 2022. I am looking for a job before I start the LPC in Sep 2021.

I was hoping to get a job as a paralegal and gain some more work experience before I start but am finding there are not many people hiring at the moment. So far I have been searching for paralegal, document review and legal assistant roles with not much luck. I have tried to sign up to F-LEX but they aren't doing any interviews at the moment.

Does anyone have any advice on searching for paralegal roles or any suggestions on other jobs that may be similar/interesting.

Thanks in advance!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone. I have just finished the GDL and accepted a TC to start in September 2022. I am looking for a job before I start the LPC in Sep 2021.

I was hoping to get a job as a paralegal and gain some more work experience before I start but am finding there are not many people hiring at the moment. So far I have been searching for paralegal, document review and legal assistant roles with not much luck. I have tried to sign up to F-LEX but they aren't doing any interviews at the moment.

Does anyone have any advice on searching for paralegal roles or any suggestions on other jobs that may be similar/interesting.

Thanks in advance!

It’s a very tough market for these type of roles at the moment. In a normal year it tends to be pretty quiet in July/August for these roles anyway where people are on holiday.

Just keep persevering - is expect things to pick up slightly in Late September/October/November

don’t bother applying to permanent roles though - just focus on fixed term contracts and temp roles.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.