Where to put 'Internship Experiences' on Linkedin?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11573
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11573

Hi all, I am currently cleansing my Linkedin in preparation for connecting with people on my vacation schemes. I've completed five 'Internship Experiences' at various firms on Forage. I currently have these in the 'work experience' section on Linkedin. They did involve submitting and preparing work sample tasks, but I'm not sure if it's misleading to count them as work experience. I've also seen these put under the 'Licenses and Certifications' section on Linkedin. Which section would you recommend putting these under? Many thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all, I am currently cleansing my Linkedin in preparation for connecting with people on my vacation schemes. I've completed five 'Internship Experiences' at various firms on Forage. I currently have these in the 'work experience' section on Linkedin. They did involve submitting and preparing work sample tasks, but I'm not sure if it's misleading to count them as work experience. I've also seen these put under the 'Licenses and Certifications' section on Linkedin. Which section would you recommend putting these under? Many thanks!
I’d put them in the certifications section as they aren’t really work experience as such.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019

I think this is a completely personal choice. Personally I think if you have lots of other work experiences then I would include it under the "Licenses and Certifications" but if not then include them under the work experience section. Either way, don't overthink it!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.