'why are you applying to the location you have chosen'

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    I'm not an expert but here's my two cents:

I think it requires more than that. You can start out with saying that you live there, but follow it up with why you're keen to stay there. For example, a firm's London offices will see deals of a different size than its offices in Birmingham. Think about the types of deals / clients / practice areas that differ between offices and work with that.

Reactions: Lara Morant

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    - does this generally require a long answer or will it suffice to say because I live there?!
    Someone who has lived in the region for sometime has got a more straight forward reason for applying for jobs in the region. But you should probably explain things like how long you have lived their, if you have moved away for uni, why you decided to return home for work etc.

BrerRabbit

Nov 30, 2020
    Are the seats offered in the location different from the other regions? Is this an appropriate section to mention particular seats you're interested in only available in your chosen location?

Lara Morant

May 18, 2021
    I'm not an expert but here's my two cents:

I think it requires more than that. You can start out with saying that you live there, but follow it up with why you're keen to stay there. For example, a firm's London offices will see deals of a different size than its offices in Birmingham. Think about the types of deals / clients / practice areas that differ between offices and work with that.
    Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.