why you?

P. Dybala

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
hey, jaysen - I have been struggling with answering why you question in interviews? I seem to be all over the place

How do you normally start your answer to why you and what kind of structure did you adopt when answering this.

TL D R- your opening sentence and your structure for why you.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    hey, jaysen - I have been struggling with answering why you question in interviews? I seem to be all over the place

How do you normally start your answer to why you and what kind of structure did you adopt when answering this.

TL D R- your opening sentence and your structure for why you.

A "why you?" isn't particularly common at interview. I was asked it in one of my interviews, however, it was towards the end and more of a spontaneous question.

I would think about your biggest strengths. Choose three to four and back up each with examples. These could be from studying, work experience, employment or extra-curricular activities. Then think about how these make you a competitive candidate.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.