Reed Smith LLP Video Interview

Legal seeker

Dec 19, 2021
For RS, once you click the green ‘get started’ link in the email and it takes you to the next step which says ‘start interview’ if you click that, will the interview start straight away? Just making sure this is not the ‘accept invite’ section I didn’t click last time round 😅

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    For RS, once you click the green ‘get started’ link in the email and it takes you to the next step which says ‘start interview’ if you click that, will the interview start straight away? Just making sure this is not the ‘accept invite’ section I didn’t click last time round 😅
    So when you click on the email link you'll get taken to the intro page, then you can accept the invite which takes you to another page introducing you to the test itself. The interview does not start there, you have to test your video and microphone first and then it will start. Do note that you don't get a break between questions :)

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Hi everyone,

Really glad to see that everyone has had an extension with this! If anyone hasn't then I would recommend calling graduate recruitment and being proactive about following up as they will likely be taking some holiday time soon.

It is certainly disconcerting to have got dressed up and 'in the zone' for a video interview before not being able to do it - I had this happen to me for a firm last year when I needed to access my VI through cvMail and cvMail was down. I actually found that sleeping on it helped to consolidate my preparation and I sounded much fresher and more authentic when I did the video interview the next day following a brief bit of preparation to refresh myself.

So whilst it is certainly a drag, go into the VI (whether you do it this evening or over the next few days) with confidence and don't overthink your preparation - I am sure that everything you did last night will prove to have been very useful!

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    How did everyone find it!?
    Was my first ever VI. Nervous on the first few questions but after that I just remember thinking to myself - am I going to let nerves get in the way of this opportunity? Took a deep breath and powered through. I think it went really well!

I loved the situational style of interview and thought it gave me a really good opportunity to detail my skills and provide examples. Not sure whether I actually did terribly as I have nothing to benchmark it against though; but overall it went better than expected!

What about everyone else?!

vsapplicant123

Standard Member
    Nov 17, 2021
    Was my first ever VI. Nervous on the first few questions but after that I just remember thinking to myself - am I going to let nerves get in the way of this opportunity? Took a deep breath and powered through. I think it went really well!

I loved the situational style of interview and thought it gave me a really good opportunity to detail my skills and provide examples. Not sure whether I actually did terribly as I have nothing to benchmark it against though; but overall it went better than expected!

What about everyone else?!
    Well done!! I fumbled a bit on some questions as was a bit thrown off by the timer, but got back into it after a brief pause. Ultimately I was happy with almost all of my answers. Now we wait :)

AW_08

Valued Member
    Dec 20, 2019
    Hi everyone! Not sure if anyone else is in the same position, but I’ve not received any holding emails from Reed Smith or any since submitting my VI.

Is it worth emailing grad Rec on Monday? If so, what/how should I say it? thanks!

Reactions: seriouscandidate

seriouscandidate

Standard Member
    Jan 12, 2022
    Hi everyone! Not sure if anyone else is in the same position, but I’ve not received any holding emails from Reed Smith or any since submitting my VI.

Is it worth emailing grad Rec on Monday? If so, what/how should I say it? thanks!
    I’d say definitely reach out! Perhaps ask for an update on your application or if they can confirm your VI has been received.

Reactions: AW_08

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Hi guys, did anyone get two follow-up emails or one? I’m hearing different things
    I received one with the dates of the AC on Wednesday, and another today saying that my application is still being considered.

I don’t actually think that todays email is any indicator of being moved to a ‘maybe’ pile. I think it just genuinely means that it’s still being reviewed.

we know that one members AC was for spring; the others, we have no clue. I’m going to take a logical guess and say that spring AC offers are being handed out now and summer will be a bit later. Once we get some clarification from other candidates we’ll be in a better position to make assumptions.

seriouscandidate

Standard Member
    Jan 12, 2022
    I received one with the dates of the AC on Wednesday, and another today saying that my application is still being considered.

I don’t actually think that todays email is any indicator of being moved to a ‘maybe’ pile. I think it just genuinely means that it’s still being reviewed.

we know that one members AC was for spring; the others, we have no clue. I’m going to take a logical guess and say that spring AC offers are being handed out now and summer will be a bit later. Once we get some clarification from other candidates we’ll be in a better position to make assumptions.
    Ahhhh thank you. I got the same e-mails - I applied for Summer, so maybe the Summer Apps got the e-mail. Hopefully more people will reply in the other thread :)

Reactions: CorporateLaw101

shootingstar

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 6, 2020
    AC holders - Let us know whether you received spring or summer offers today; please 🥺. Good luck to everyone!
    I applied for the Spring VS and the email told me to choose an AC date for either late Jan or early Feb and to send them my postal address for the materials :) I think the summer offers will take some time don’t worry guys I’m rooting for all of you :)

Reactions: seriouscandidate

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.