TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
@AvniD @George Maxwell @James Carrabino @Jessica Booker

What would you guys say are the biggest challenges and opportunities in the legal industry at the moment. I am talking about general awareness of the current and foreseeable market - so if you were perhaps the managing partner at a city law firm, what would be you top considerations currently. Would love to hear people's opinions.

I'll start - I was thinking: (1) Retaining talent and well being; and (2) for a UK firm, probably US rivals coming in and dominating some areas in London.
Hi @Dwight,

So I would say that a challenge that UK firms are facing at the minute (which you seem to touch on here), is the threat of US firms poaching talent owing to the ongoing NQ salary war. Differentiating their offering from these firms (as some UK firms at least just cannot keep up with the rate of junior salary inflation). At the upper end too, the pressure to transition away from lockstep given the lure of US firms paying high-performing Partners according to the work they bring in (see Linklaters, for example).

Whenever I have asked this question to a very senior person at a law firm, cyber security threats is always cited as a a significant concern and focus.

Those are the factors that come to mind off the top of my head. I hope that helps! 🚀

Reactions: Dwight

PF'noooo!

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
Hi, does anyone have any experience with the Willkie analytical exercise? The invite states that preparation is not necessary, nor is any external legal or commercial knowledge. Therefore, does anyone have any tips on how best to perform i.e., will this just be a matter of providing a succinct argument based on the evidence and demonstrating good written skills?

ellensdaleoriginal

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2020
Am I eligible to apply for a TC to commence in September 2022 if I am only going to write my final LPC exam on the 9th of September? Assuming the TC start date is a week later so there is no cross over would this be okay or will I have to have received my results before I can start?

ellensdaleoriginal

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2020
will you have received your results by the TC start date?
Nope but it says the following on their website

"Please ensure that your CV provides full details of your educational qualifications from GCSEs (or their equivalent) onwards, including the results obtained. Please provide details of the modules studied on the LPC or SQE and details of all results per module achieved to date."

to date implies that you do not need all your results? Don't want to waste my time on an application if I cant though so was just wondering if anyone knew

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For everyone today in need of it.....

Pop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs

Esteemed Member
Jan 6, 2021
Okay saw this and thought it was adorable so:
👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸
manifesting good news for everyone this cycle
🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽

I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs

Esteemed Member
Jan 6, 2021
Okay saw this and thought it was adorable so:
👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸
manifesting good news for everyone this cycle
🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸🛸
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽
Edited 10x times because it shows up differently from the draft posts- I can’t believe I just spent two minutes counting how many aliens and sparkles perfectly fit in one line 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.