TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayemuse

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    Hi, was just wondering, does having an AC at a later date matter? I just rescheduled my AC from the 8th to the 18th bc of COVID symptoms. Or do firms only start giving out offers after all the ACs are done?

JSM123

Star Member
    Oct 11, 2021
    Forgot to post this earlier, but does anyone else find it soooo frustrating when you undertake so much research on a firm for video interviews, including the deals they’ve been involved in etc and showing off your greatest experiences etc and then when the questions come up, you forget / can’t incorporate them into your answer. I’m so frustrated with myself because I had so much knowledge and prepped prior, but just didn’t utilise this info or use my own experiences as much due to the nature of the questions! Any luck for success on this?

positive part is that I believe I came across confident, but I don’t know if my answers were strong enough!
    Yes this used to happen to me all the time - everyone's different but what I started doing was learning facts about firms in isolation (e.g. X firm represents 80% of the world's largest asset managers) and testing myself on them (before I would learn it as part of a prepared answer i.e. why x firm, which meant whenever the question would vary it slightly I wouldn't be able to mentally locate that piece of info / would start to panic)

Reactions: Lilz
    S

selfcarequeenzzz1

Hi !! I am applying to WBD and wondered if anyone could help me with this application question.

'Considering the location in which you wish to train; tell us about a local project or development that has interested you. Explain why it is of interest and how, as a business, we could provide support.'

Thank you!!!

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Hi !! I am applying to WBD and wondered if anyone could help me with this application question.

'Considering the location in which you wish to train; tell us about a local project or development that has interested you. Explain why it is of interest and how, as a business, we could provide support.'

Thank you!!!
    Hi! What location are you applying to? Where have you got with your research?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.