TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRO

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer 5
Jan 21, 2021
I just wanted to say I really loved @Jaysen Linkedin post this morning and which was also included in the TCLA email subscription.

That post was really accurate on point about the different types of people who get into law. Everything in that post was spot on and 100% true as from a disadvantaged background I can relate so much to it.
I'd be a bit cautious as almost all dichotomies are false dichotomies. In general the two groups Jaysen mentions do have very different routes into law, but not everyone will fit in to one of those two groups.

Many people may have grown up in a mix of the two. So they might have had family dinners and supportive parents and still been bullied at school and had to deal with mental health difficulties. The simplified version makes a more compelling story, but in reality there's more nuance in people's individual circumstances.

therealellewoods

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 20, 2022
    (Sorry if this again is another stupid Q from me but I'm really specific and can't make sense of these things sometimes) -

Does everything finance related fall into the remit of a 'finance lawyer' e.g. fintech, restructuring, etc.

Reactions: GXA123

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    Hi,
    how did you find the AC? I hope it went well!
    Literally just finished it! A huge benefit of virtual ACs is that I can immediately sit on my couch and pour a large glass of wine to decompress with!

I think it went well, guess now its wait to hear the outcome! I'm not so sure about the WG element - does anyone know if we can request our score?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.