TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
which law firms recruit on rolling basis for TCs?
I haven't come across a definitive list - however most say in the FAQs or elsewhere on their apply pages if they are rolling or not. Any firms in particular you are wondering about? I'm sure within the wealth of knowledge on this forum someone will know for each one!

ScrappyDoo

Esteemed Member
May 15, 2021
Cass Detecting GIF by zoefannet

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi, I guess this has been asked before but I couldn't find the info myself. What firms only recruit from TC's or just have a non-conventional approach to TC recruitment?
May I ask you what do you mean by non-conventional approach?

If you refer to firms heavily hiring from direct TC, then I would say US firms. However, bear in mind that they have small intakes.
For what concerns UK firms, I would say that Slaughter and FF hire also from direct TC.

Reactions: kmax301

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Hi, I guess this has been asked before but I couldn't find the info myself. What firms only recruit from TC's or just have a non-conventional approach to TC recruitment?

May I ask you what do you mean by non-conventional approach?

If you refer to firms heavily hiring from direct TC, then I would say US firms. However, bear in mind that they have small intakes.
For what concerns UK firms, I would say that Slaughter and FF hire also from direct TC.
I would add all of the MC to the list of UK firms, they all hire a reasonable proportion at least from direct TC and CC no longer do a vac scheme, it is a first year scheme or direct TC only.

I would say the most non-conventional approach would be those that only do an online tests application only such as Linklaters, however that seems to be catching on at more firms... not my personal favourite application style but notably quicker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.