TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for an individual written assessment for an AC? Have one tomorrow but not sure what to look at - are they similar to case studies? Any help would be great, thanks!
Follow a clear structure (intro, central and conclusion) so that the reader can easily follow, look at the time and set aside some extra time to check grammar and punctuation. They might be similar to case studies

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Thanks so much for this James! I know in my case we only get one associate mentor in our chosen area but could pick out top three from the departments. As someone who finds energy really fascinating I chose the corporate seat in that and two disputes seats because I think I have a genuine interest in litigation (having working in a court got 11 months!) :D thanks again for the advice and for sharing your experience!!
It's excellent to hear you have such a strong plan for your vac scheme @thirdtimelucky! NRF is such an excellent firm for energy so I can see why you picked it, and like you I find disputes fascinating - I will definitely be doing a contentious seat during my TC :) I don't have anywhere near the experience you do though - 11 months working in court sounds amazing! Congrats again on your VS and for choosing your seats 😊

Last edited:

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
I am new to LinkedIn and ngl I am constantly cringing at all the posts I keep seeing 😭😭. "grateful to have received offers from a, b, c, d, e, f and g schemes. unfortunately however they all overlap so I have got some tough decisions to make and will have to reject most of them! thank you to all the respective grad rec teams and my mum and dad!!! not looking forward to the tough decisions that lie ahead." I sound like a hater but honestly find it extremely cringe and a bit of a useless thing to post 😂 (especially cause they tag all the firms aswell just to tell them they'll be rejecting them)
Saw this this morning on my IG - made me laugh SO MUCH. B1D7CD6C-A6EB-4E66-A2CB-A01765D2A70B.jpeg 💀

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.