TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawfulx

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Does anyone know if the progression percentage on Linklaters VS scheme portal means anything alongside the tick next to Candidate review?

What is the progression percentage people that were successful in securing an AC were on?

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Does anyone know if the progression percentage on Linklaters VS scheme portal means anything alongside the tick next to Candidate review?

What is the progression percentage people that were successful in securing an AC were on?
I don't think either the tick or progression percentage mean anything tbh, it's just how the website is designed. I'm pretty sure we all have a tick at the candidate review stage and we are all at 77%.

Reactions: Lawfulx

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 3, 2022
Anyone got any specific tips/ good free resources for the WG? There are a few sections that I'm specifically struggling on but practice tests aren't helping because i'm not quite grasping what the sections are actually asking me to do if that makes sense?

mckelly

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2020
I've received an interview invite for Sidley Austin. Can anyone give me some insight into what their interview was like/ how to prepare for it?
It was the most informal interview that I had - just a discussion of your motivations for applying and the FT article they give you. No pressing questions such as 'tell us about future firm strategy' were asked

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
hi all - i noticed in some apps the work experience section has a yes/no question for the question "SQE Qualifying work experience"? In order to answer this, can I just search up whats outlined on the SRA website and go based off that or do I have to get some sort of official recognition? Bit of a tough one

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
hi all - i noticed in some apps the work experience section has a yes/no question for the question "SQE Qualifying work experience"? In order to answer this, can I just search up whats outlined on the SRA website and go based off that or do I have to get some sort of official recognition? Bit of a tough one
I think you’ll probably need to go one step further than the SRA framework and have a conversation with that employer as to whether they would sign it off as QWE, even if there isn’t something formally in place to start that process.

Reactions: S87

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
I think you’ll probably need to go one step further than the SRA framework and have a conversation with that employer as to whether they would sign it off as QWE, even if there isn’t something formally in place to start that process.
Thanks Jessica. Considering its a vac scheme app, I'm wondering why theres this question in the first place as the ultimate goal would be to get a training contract? I also am currently employed so it seems strange to need to have this conversation with my current employer for a future job prospect somewhere else

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks Jessica. Considering its a vac scheme app, I'm wondering why theres this question in the first place as the ultimate goal would be to get a training contract? I also am currently employed so it seems strange to need to have this conversation with my current employer for a future job prospect somewhere else
Because the reality is now you don’t need a two year training contract. You could accumulate your qualifying work experience across multiple employers, and firms are keen to know whether you will apply for any QWE outside of their TC. Many people applying will have forms of QWE before starting a TC (even working in your university law clinic could technically count) and so the firm will be keen to understand what you will apply for QWE.

Reactions: S87
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.