Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I know the NRF winter vac app is due 16th oct and I see on their website that they aren't rolling but is it perhaps frowned upon to submit on the day of the deadline? should i just submit for the spring scheme?
If they are not rolling it won’t matter whether you applied on the first or last day so apply for the programme that works best for you.

edenA

Oct 6, 2022
Anyone know the DLA Questions for their Summer Internship? Not able to fill in all the academic stuff right now to progress to the questions but would like to prepare. Thanks :)

therealellewoods

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 20, 2022
    It was the most informal interview that I had - just a discussion of your motivations for applying and the FT article they give you. No pressing questions such as 'tell us about future firm strategy' were asked
    Hi, if you don't mind me asking - did they tell you they were giving you an article prior? or do they just give it to you during the interview? and is it a discussion just regarding your thoughts or is it more analytical/like a case study type of thing?

Many thanks

BeGrateful.101

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 1, 2021
    Anyone know the DLA Questions for their Summer Internship? Not able to fill in all the academic stuff right now to progress to the questions but would like to prepare. Thanks :)
    Which business news story has interested you the most in the last 12 months and why? (Maximum 1500 characters / approximately 250 words)

This is the application question

samni

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 2, 2020
    Hi, does anyone have any tips on presentations (10 minutes long) for a commercial topic to partners/interviewers where we don't have powerpoint slides? Would really appreciate any tips on how people maintained a structure and kept a clear thread throughout the presentation :)

Reactions: DTB

laubedusixjuin

Esteemed Member
    Oct 14, 2022
    Regarding Gibson Dunn, I had a first stage interview this week and the Graduate Recruitment team said that whilst a decision on whether to progress your application or not to the second (final) stage will come within 1-2 weeks, the second round of interviews will not take place until the new year.

iratencies

Star Member
    Jan 30, 2022
    Hi, I just wanted to ask about the Simmons & Simmons application question. I got advice from a future trainee to bullet point separate things under skills, achievements, positions of responsibility etc --- should I do a sentence about the skills I developed from my experiences at the end after bullet pointing etc or should I write a paragraph and go into detail about a certain number of skills.
    Many thanks!

law23

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    Hi everyone! Looking for some reassurance here. Submitted an application for a VS this evening only to discover a few hours later I had accidentally applied to the training contract instead - I was sure I had checked it was the VS! I have emailed grad recruitment about it but I feel so worried about whether this will impact my application. Has anyone experienced anything similar? How did it go?

Future_lawyer_somewhere

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 4, 2019
    Still waiting on A&O SJT - anyone have this problem who stated they may need “adjustments” for the test? (I’ve reached out to the relevant person via email) but it is rolling* so this is a pressure- point :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.