TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingh

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2022
hey, interview was on Wednesday the 19th. quite surprised at how quick that turn around was.
congrats on the winter VS! i just had my winter VS interview today at Jones Day, was just wondering if you received an email or a phone call for an offer as the partners at the end just said 'we'll be in touch' haha! so happy that you heard back quickly though :)

gw9

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 28, 2022
For a question like this, are they looking for a bullet-point list of events attended, or am I better off picking out a few I found interesting and talking about what I learnt from them?

Please use the space below to provide details of any careers events you have attended e.g. insight days, workshops, presentations etc. (Max. 350 words)

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    For written exercises in ACs and group tasks advising fictional clients, should we be sticking to what’s on the printed-out brief and just summarising it, or does it work better to give a creative solution?

B A

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 4, 2020
    Just got an interview invite for Ashurst Winter VS! Could anyone who has done one with them before pls dm me with your advice? I would really appreciate it

Last edited:

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    For written exercises in ACs and group tasks advising fictional clients, should we be sticking to what’s on the printed-out brief and just summarising it, or does it work better to give a creative solution?
    Also HSF PFO post AC! :( So yes, would be very grateful for any tips on how to approach case studies from a legal perspective as a non-law student. Felt that everyone was assessed on the same level whether law or non-law.

• 🤝
    Reactions: average_jo123

mhs234

Oct 19, 2022
    Just need some advice- i completed the WG a week ago for HL. I haven’t received any confirmation email or any contact from there onwards. Should i contact them to ask for my result? Is anyone else in a similar situation ? Thanks in advance!

traineedreamer

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Oct 23, 2019
    Just need some advice- i completed the WG a week ago for HL. I haven’t received any confirmation email or any contact from there onwards. Should i contact them to ask for my result? Is anyone else in a similar situation ? Thanks in advance!

HL don't send confirmations after submitting the WG but a lot of us are still waiting to hear back. Grad rec said they'll be getting back to everyone within the next 2-3 weeks :)

Reactions: mhs234
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.