Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Sullivan and Cleary both ask for high 2.1s - I only managed a 66 overall. I want to apply but feel like this may put me out of the running.

Would be keen to hear any insights or whether anyone’s been successful applying with a mid 2.1 :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Sullivan and Cleary both ask for high 2.1s - I only managed a 66 overall. I want to apply but feel like this may put me out of the running.

Would be keen to hear any insights or whether anyone’s been successful applying with a mid 2.1 :)
In my opinion, that is a high 2.1 (that's just my opinion though) - although I would stress how they perceive a "high 2.1" probably comes down to individual module results rather than an average.

A 66% average with more high 2.1s and firsts but maybe a dodgy module that brings it down to a 66% will probably be looked at more favourably (strangely) than a 66% average where half the modules are 64s and the other half are 68s

• ℹ️
Reactions: cyberjaz1116 and Adrian_S

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
In my opinion, that is a high 2.1 (that's just my opinion though) - although I would stress how they perceive a "high 2.1" probably comes down to individual module results rather than an average.

A 66% average with more high 2.1s and firsts but maybe a dodgy module that brings it down to a 66% will probably be looked at more favourably (strangely) than a 66% average where half the modules are 64s and the other half are 68s

sigh im definitely in that latter category. i’ll try to speak with graduate recruitment and see what they say. thank you so much!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

ssolicitorz

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 3, 2021

Yeah, was wondering about this too. I have a 64 average so that is definitely not a high 2.1 lol, but it is from a really strong university and I think I have good experience and extracurriculars that could elevate my application. Do you think it's worth applying if I am able to put forth a strong cover letter?

Reactions: Adrian_S

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Wanted to ask if it is okay to apply for a paralegal role at a firm that you have applied to for a vacation scheme/will apply to for a vacation scheme?

Perhaps @Jessica Booker you have some thoughts on this?
Yes, that is fine.

Just be aware that if you secure the paralegal role you may need to withdraw your application for the vacation scheme.

Reactions: ssolicitorz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.