TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Hello - I hope everyone is having a restful holiday season! If anyone has had the Telephone Interview with Skadden and has any words of advice I would be really grateful!

• 🏆
    Reactions: HLL

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Oh - also! Is anyone applying for Debevoise? If so, it is quite long isn't it haha!

I am slightly struggling with the final question:

What do you hope to get out of a career at a Firm like ours? (250 words)

How have people differentiated that from the first question (essentially why law/Debevoise)?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

born&raised

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 30, 2021
    For those who have applied to DLA and done the WG but haven't heard back yet - I just went to my application portal, and under the 'View Submission' section, I can't see my commercial awareness answer anymore. Even the question isn't visible on the page now. I opened the portal yesterday too, it was visible then.

Is anyone else facing this issue? Should I mail grad rec about this?

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    For those who have applied to DLA and done the WG but haven't heard back yet - I just went to my application portal, and under the 'View Submission' section, I can't see my commercial awareness answer anymore. Even the question isn't visible on the page now. I opened the portal yesterday too, it was visible then.

Is anyone else facing this issue? Should I mail grad rec about this?
    It is ok, they just closed their application. I think too many people were late to apply:)

• 🤝
    Reactions: born&raised

born&raised

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 30, 2021
    It is ok, they just closed their application. I think too many people were late to apply:)
    Thanks for your response! Just wanted to clarify - I did apply on time, and was viewing my submitted application! But yes, this does seem to have happened after they closed apps, because it was visible yesterday. Was just wondering if it's that way for other people as well :)

Reactions: hanz123, S87 and Adrian_S

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    Thanks for your response! Just wanted to clarify - I did apply on time, and was viewing my submitted application! But yes, this does seem to have happened after they closed apps, because it was visible yesterday. Was just wondering if it's that way for other people as well :)
    I just had a look and I can see mine on the application however I doubt this is indicative of anything - I completed the WG this morning

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021

Yep, happened to me as well. I applied on Sep 30, and could see my commercial awareness answer before it disappeared on 17 October lolol

I think you’re fine, but do message grad rec in case :)

• 🤝

sdsou

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 31, 2021
    Hello, can someone please confirm if Hogan Lovells sends a link for the Watson Glaser test immediately after application? Or does it come after an initial screening? Bit worried since I've submitted my application but not received an email for the taking the test!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Got it, thank you!! @Jessica Booker, do you think I should email grad rec about this or let it be?
    I'd just let it be. If you submitted the information ok, they are likely to have it. It would only be if you were worried this hadn't been submitted properly that I would contact them (but given this has happened to other people, I wouldn't worry about it).

born&raised

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 30, 2021
    Hello, can someone please confirm if Hogan Lovells sends a link for the Watson Glaser test immediately after application? Or does it come after an initial screening? Bit worried since I've submitted my application but not received an email for the taking the test!
    They take a few days to send it across, don't worry about it!

Reactions: sdsou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.