TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
As a trainee, you’ll rotate teams and work with people at different levels, with different working styles and personalities. Which of your strengths will you draw upon to help you handle these changes?

Any advice for answering this, thank you!

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Hi, has anyone heard back for the Linklaters Spring VS yet? I got my WG test back and was in the 81st percentile so I don't know if to be hopeful that I may have a chance to get through.
    The WG is just a benchmark test. I reckon you probably have a good chance of having passed that. They also take their CAPP assessment into consideration and it seems as though this is where a lot of applicants are rejected or offered an AC. Unfortunately, you are going to have to wait it out for an answer either way!

Lawstudent**

Star Member
  • Aug 27, 2022
    It would technically fall into an “activity” definition (which is pretty broad). I would personally not go into much detail though and try to ensure there is evidence of your extra curriculars/ positions of responsibility/achievements in this section rather than focus on open days/insight programmes. A brief reference about them should be fine.
    Hi Jessica,

For the activities and achievements section on the Mishcon application form, do I need to go into detail into what the activity/achievement taught me? or should I just mention the nature of the activity and what awards I got for my efforts? slightly confused on this.

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Jessica,

For the activities and achievements section on the Mishcon application form, do I need to go into detail into what the activity/achievement taught me? or should I just mention the nature of the activity and what awards I got for my efforts? slightly confused on this.

Thanks!
    I don’t think you need to highlight the skills unless explicitly asked or if the word count is generous enough that is it allows you to do so. A little bit of detail about the activity is probably needed though so your reader understand the context. If it is a position of responsibility, it is also more important to show your impact in the role. People rarely need to tell me what a captain of a sports team does or what a treasurer of a society’s role is - I am much more interested to know what you achieved in the role.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.