TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB2022

Valued Member
Sep 28, 2022
Anyone got a WG invite from Freshfields yet? Their email said they would start sending them out today and they plan to start AC’s on the 16th. With this timeframe, is it reasonable to assume that not getting the invite today is a PFO? Just because you would need time to complete the WG and be given enough notice about whether you’re invited to an AC.

Reactions: lik0401 and cyberjaz1116

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Anyone got a WG invite from Freshfields yet? Their email said they would start sending them out today and they plan to start AC’s on the 16th. With this timeframe, is it reasonable to assume that not getting the invite today is a PFO? Just because you would need time to complete the WG and be given enough notice about whether you’re invited to an AC.
I have not heard of anyone receiving a WG or PFO as of yet. I know their email said they would start inviting from the 2nd but it is a bank holiday and maybe they meant the third? I do not think no response so far is indicative of anything in particular.

Edit: When CC sent AC's and PFO's many people on the forum were reporting this, I believe it will be known when people get WGs through the forum

Reactions: yasmars and RB2022

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Sorry where did you see they will send out WG invites today? I thought the deadline is 5 January and according to their website they will only send out invites after the deadline?

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Sorry where did you see they will send out WG invites today? I thought the deadline is 5 January and according to their website they will only send out invites after the deadline?
This is for the summer vacation scheme. They sent an email to applicants a few weeks ago saying that they will start inviting people to sit the WG from the 2nd. I believe this is different for direct TC applicants.

• 🏆
Reactions: aniraz, RB2022 and BM99

RB2022

Valued Member
Sep 28, 2022
I have not heard of anyone receiving a WG or PFO as of yet. I know their email said they would start inviting from the 2nd but it is a bank holiday and maybe they meant the third? I do not think no response so far is indicative of anything in particular.

Edit: When CC sent AC's and PFO's many people on the forum were reporting this, I believe it will be known when people get WGs through the forum
You may be right, thank you for your response :)

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    This is for the summer vacation scheme. They sent an email to applicants a few weeks ago saying that they will start inviting people to sit the WG from the 2nd. I believe this is different for direct TC applicants.
    But I think as today is bank holiday I would be surprised if they send it out today as people won't be working today. I think it is unlikely for graduate recruitment to be working today as I know people won't be back to work until tomorrow.

WindowsUpdate

• Sep 28, 2022
    Happy New-Year, Merry Xmas and happy holidays to everyone! 😁

I wanted to get opinion/thoughts on Ashurst Insight Evening, please. To be considered, you had to attend at least 3 of their "Mini-Series" events and then make an application for the insight evening. Due to several issues the event was moved back to 9th 13th January, BUT the summer vacation scheme deadline is still 6th January.
    Won't this event, technically, be more "useful" for next year's applications given the deadline mismatch? Both in terms of gaining insight into the firm and mentioning it on the application itself.🤔 OR could this even warrant changing strategies and applying for the direct TC, which opens up on 9 Jan? (assuming you've got sufficient experience etc. to go this route of-course). Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Happy New-Year, Merry Xmas and happy holidays to everyone! 😁

I wanted to get opinion/thoughts on Ashurst Insight Evening, please. To be considered, you had to attend at least 3 of their "Mini-Series" events and then make an application for the insight evening. Due to several issues the event was moved back to 9th January, BUT the summer vacation scheme deadline is still 6th January.
    Won't this event, technically, be more "useful" for next year's applications given the deadline mismatch? Both in terms of gaining insight into the firm and mentioning it on the application itself.🤔 OR could this even warrant changing strategies and applying for the direct TC, which opens up on 9 Jan? (assuming you've got sufficient experience etc. to go this route of-course). Thank you in advance!
    I bet you can apply for the vacation scheme and then attend the event on the 9th.

Reactions: WindowsUpdate
    Jul 23, 2022
    Lol today is a bank holiday

What is it with firms and doing AC’s during exam period lmao.

Reactions: RB2022

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Lol today is a bank holiday

What is it with firms and doing AC’s during exam period lmao.
    Always been an issue unfortunately - it’s been like that my entire career anyway. Unfortunately there’s never enough time pre Christmas to get through a full recruitment process and waiting until Feb/Mar and the firm could lose out talent to other firms.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Regarding this -- does this cost money? @Jessica Booker
    Our review service is at a cost given the significant time resource given to review the application answers.

You can either subscribe to our Gold premium service, and receive a whole host of other benefits and get one review per calendar month.

Or you can purchase individual reviews separately, although it’s actually cheaper to subscribe for a month and get the review as part of your subscription than it is to buy a next day review, and it’s only 10% cheaper to buy a three day review than to subscribe for a month.

If these services are not possible due to cost considerations, then we would recommend looking out for our 2023-24 Scholarship programme that will launch in the summer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.